10 pounds down and first NSV!

Options
dinoring
dinoring Posts: 23 Member
In January I went to see my doctor and was told that I had high blood pressure. At 24 years old, I figured that I was fresh out of excuses for why my body was anything but healthy. I had been telling myself that I was fine, I was eating healthy (when in reality I was eating EVERYTHING, plus some healthy stuff!), and that I was pretty darn active (walking my lab at the dog park a few times a week and going to the gym once every other week.). But in that moment I realized, I may have been trying to fool myself, but I couldn't fool my body into being healthy.

I went on for several months, adding healthy foods in, taking unhealthy foods out and upping my gym routine... but really only enough to feel like I was at least doing something. I would lose and gain the same 5 pounds again and again.

So, last month I joined MFP, and it has helped me to focus on what I really need. Last week I went to my doctor again- my bp was completely within the healthy range!

And, this morning when I hopped on the scale, I was 10 pounds down. :) I am so excited for the rest of my weight loss journey to continue. Thank you all for the stories you share- they have so inspired me!

SW- 168
CW- 158
GW- 130

:)

Replies

• sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep up the great work!
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And hooray for normal blood pressure! Keep at it, you're doing great!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You're doing awesome!!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WTG what a great NSV!!!
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    so awesome. congrats on your first 10 lbs. so are you doing anything special to celebrate your first 10.
  • dinoring
    Options
    Yes! It may be small, but this post was my celebration! Feeling like I actually have something to celebrate is fantastic. Taking the time to recognize my small success and getting excited for the next one is truly rewarding for me.... although, maybe I'll go ahead and buy a new pair of shoes when I hit 15! ;)
  • dinoring
    Options
    And thank you for all of the encouraging words everyone! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!