C25K Summer (Starting week 1)

Options
Hello! I'm going to start C25K today. I want people to go in this 9week journey with me. Who's in?

Replies

• sarahdangar
    sarahdangar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What is C25K??
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I started last week! Good luck!
  • pippyrlz23
    pippyrlz23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My 9 year old son and I started doing the training yesterday. So far so good! :-)
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Going from zero to runner is an amazing journey. I started up back in Feb 2010 and could barely break one mile of running, and 2+ years later I'm doing 35-40 a week. It can become a way of life if you let it. Enjoy!
  • sspurgeon
    sspurgeon Posts: 7
    Options
    I was 2 weeks in in May. I hurt my knee playing volleyball and had to stop. Dr said no running until August. I plan to start again then. Good luck to you!
  • elekelk
    elekelk Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm starting in two weeks when I get my vacation :)
  • stellapiano
    stellapiano Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started the treadmill version about a week and a half ago. I go on vacation in a week, but I'm hoping to carry on through it, since I'll be going on a cruise and my boat has a gym.

Good luck everyone!
  • rushchic
    rushchic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I really really really want to start this....
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Im in!!:) I am starting my first week tomorrow!:):bigsmile:
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I started this a couple of weeks ago and love it~! can't get past week 1 but I'm still pushing myself~ I'm gonna do this!! Would love to have friends for the journey :smile:
  • sarahdangar
    sarahdangar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started something similar in mid March, never having run in my life. An 8 week programme for 5K The first run was Run 1 min, Walk 2 mins x6. I was constantly looking at the stop watch thinking it was completely unachievable! This week, I went out to do my 30 minute run (part of a 10K training programme as my final goal was to run a 10K event), I felt really good at the 30 minute point and kept running and running and running and managed 10.5K in 50mins and 30 secs. I NEVER thought I could do 5K, let laone 10K. My official first 10K event is next week - I'm feeling nervous but excited. To anyone thinking of starting, just go for it. There is such a sense of achievement from doing something you never felt you were capable of. Good luck all x
  • Northern30
    Northern30 Posts: 65
    Options
    I started week 1 last one on the treadmill. Going to do day 3 of week 1 over tomorrow and start week 2 on Monday.

Good luck everyone!!