How to enter numbers from BMR calculator onto MFP

Options
I'm quite convinced I need to up my calories. By adding protein snacks, I can feel my metabolism speeding up and my blood sugars are picture perfect. That's 200 calories I wasn't eating before. I have lost inches, but not weight. I don't really care about the number on the scale, but I do want to go down 2 sizes (where I looked and felt my best)

I work out about 4 to 5 times per week burning about 200 to 300 calories each time.

So is my calculated BMR my net calories?

Thanks!

Replies

• hotlilteacher
    Options
    bump
  • hotlilteacher
    Options
    I just can't figure out where to put the Scobby numbers into my goals here on MFP
  • michellematteson
    Options
    Sorry didn't understand your question at first... You can make custom goals so that your BMR is your goal. Just remember to change it as you lose weight because it will go down as you do.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Go to goals, change goal, custom and you can put whatever calorie goal and macro % in that you'd like.
  • hotlilteacher
    Options
    Thanks!
    But is my BMR my net calories goal?
  • Nelski
    Options
    Thanks!
    But is my BMR my net calories goal?

No, BMR is the absolute minimum you should eat. It's what your body would need just for basic functions, even if you were doing absolutely nothing, like laying in a coma. So, after you add in daily activities what you need is more depending on how active you are.
  • hotlilteacher
    Options
    So what do I put in the box for net calories in the MFP custom goals page?
  • Nelski
    Options
    So what do I put in the box for net calories in the MFP custom goals page?
    I don't know what your calorie goal is. You said you used the scooby calorie calculator, right? Put that number in and don't worry about eating back your exercise calories because that number should be counting your exercise if you put that in your calculations.
  • hotlilteacher
    Options
    I'm sorry for being so confused.

I am not understanding where to put my Scooby calculator generated numbers in the MFP goals options.

The only box I see that can be changed in MFP under goals is the net carbs. which number from Scooby goes there? BMR, TDEE, or the Cut number?
  • Nelski
    Options
    The 1st box is for net calories, put the amount of calories you want to eat in there which should be the number on the scooby site that is next to this: Daily calories based on goal in step 6 . Below that are macros if you want to change the percentages and further down you can change fiber, sodium, etc.
  • hotlilteacher
    Options
    Thank you!!!!!! Got it.