Fat Smash Diet

Options
Anyone ever heard of it? There was a show a while back called "Celebrity Fit Club" on VH1 and this is the diet they followed....I have the book, but never did. I was wondering everyone's results from it.

It seems reasonable...it has phases where you slowly reintroduce foods in a healthy manner (the first phase is 9 days and basically on fruits, vegetables, legumes, milk 2x a day and brown rice)

Replies

• mslisa007
    mslisa007 Posts: 12
    Options
    This is truly a confirmation to me. I was thinking about this diet as well because it has a detox part to it. I think I will get the book.
  • lizziamber
    Options
    Here's a breakdown of the diet:

1. Phase I - Detox - This phase lasts 9 days. In this phase you will eat mostly fruits and vegetables. The idea is to cleanse your body of junk and you eliminate things like alcohol and caffeine. You can eat all the fruits & veggies you want except white potatoes and avocados. You also can have the following: legumes/beans & tofu, 1 cup of oatmeal, 2 cups of brown rice, 2 cups lowfat or 1% milk, 2 6oz yogurts and 4 eggwhites (eggbeaters) only water & 2 cups of herbal tea to drink. You also get a very limited amount of olive oil dressing to use. This Phase lasts for 9 days.

2. Phase II - Foundation - This phase lasts 3 weeks. In this phase you eat the same foods as phase I, except you will reintroduce lean meats. Phase 2 is for 3 weeks and you keep everything you are eating in phase I & add in most protein meat chicken turkey fish (except pork), 1 whole egg add unsweetend ceral, 1 oz of cheese, coffee 1 10 oz cup & 2 diet pops a day come back.

3. Phase III - Construction - This phase lasts 4 weeks. In this phase you eat the same foods as phase I & II except you will reintroduce whole wheat pastaand bread. Phase 3 4 weeks: increase the amounts of protein, adds ff mayo & peanut butter, 2 whole eggs, 3 cups of lf milk now & 1.3 oz of lf/ff cheese, 2 cups of freshly squeezed juice & whole grains bread 4 slices a day, 1 cup of pasta and 1 desert serving per day.

4. Phase IV - The Temple - This phase is for life. In this phase you eat the same foods as phase I,II, & III. In addition to those foods, you can eat some white starches (ie. white rice, potatoes) as well as have a couple of glasses of wine or beer each week. Phase 4 for life every food you want come back including alchol & all sweets/chips everything. the idea is your able to now handle a snack or high fat meal & go back to your regular good habits you have learned to retrain your body with.
  • tenaciously62
    tenaciously62 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I ALSO HAVE THE BOOK AND I WILL START THIS MONDAY MORNING IF ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN
  • phatkris
    phatkris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did this diet years ago. And it works and you keep the weight off. Unless you go back to binge eating. LOL

I just started doing it again yesterday. If you have any recipes that you did on phase 1 please share or become my friend so I can see them.

Thanks,
    Krist
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    I've done the detox phase when I need to switch up my eating routine. I've never done all 4 phases though. I know some folks that did it and it worked for them!