Fitbit

Options
Does anyone find the fitbit useful? I just saw it on here and had never heard of it before. I would hate to count every single calorie burned during the day because then it would suggest that I could eat more when I don't think I would like that idea. But it would be nice to be able to actually track all of that information.

Replies

• kaylasue_mustlose
    Options
    I wanted some feedback on these, too. I want to buy a pedometer to track how much I walk in the day to be able to count that...and I saw these on here and thought they look really useful.
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    I've had my fitbit for a couple months and love it! I wear is 24/7!
  • SRGuth
    SRGuth Posts: 4
    Options
    Does anyone find the fitbit useful? I just saw it on here and had never heard of it before. I would hate to count every single calorie burned during the day because then it would suggest that I could eat more when I don't think I would like that idea. But it would be nice to be able to actually track all of that information.

I just got my FitBit today and I was wondering the very same thing. I'd rather add the couple of hundred calories I might burn in a routine day to my weight loss target instead of "how much more food I can eat" target. I guess I'll just have to eyeball the data and not consume the calories I burn.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit but a bodymedia, same concept. I love looking at what I burn, makes me burn more a on lazy day so I can achieve my 1000 calorie deficit daily. I think it's all about your mindset going in. If you don't want to eat the extra calories you wont. :smile:
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options

I just got my FitBit today and I was wondering the very same thing. I'd rather add the couple of hundred calories I might burn in a routine day to my weight loss target instead of "how much more food I can eat" target. I guess I'll just have to eyeball the data and not consume the calories I burn.

I've had it for years and lost 35 lbs. with it the first few months I had it. I don't know how it does with MFP goals because I don't use them. I look at Fitbit charts of my total average burn and aim for 500-1000 calories less per day. There's no adding back, no tracking anything. If I'm averaging 2000 calories per day burned, I eat 1000-1500. I look more at 30 day averages so there's no daily adjusting of my intake goals or anything. If I have a hungrier day and want to eat more I do it, and same for when I'm less hungry. My 30 day average deficit usually matches up ok to my actual losses, so it seems pretty accurate.
  • NataschaMarie333
    NataschaMarie333 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love love LOVE mine!

It's super motivational, easy to keep on you, battery lasts FOREVER!

And finding friends to compete with makes you want to move even more. I don't have a single regret buying it and have already gotten a few friends hooked already!
  • miturner247
    miturner247 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love love love mine!