Garmin 110 with HR monitor

Options
I just received my garmin 110 with the heart rate strap. I haven't ran with it yet but I messed with it outside and got it to show my heart rate and distance. But where does it show how many calories burned? I can't find it in the instructions or on line where to find it.

Replies

• sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am very interested in hearing about this and how it works!
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    Dont own one myself but tried researching for you and your right I cant find anything. Sorry. You can try calling them and they should be able to walk you through it. I had to do that with my sportline one.
  • sharonsjones
    Options
    Thank you for researching for me. I'll go ahead and call them. It's silly, you would think it would be in the instruction book.
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    I know. Looks like a good unit too. I did see some people had issues with it calculating calories way low though so if you do call just question about that. One person in a forum seemed to feel there was an update to it.
  • ktraugott
    Options
    I just got one. Did my first run with it today. You have have to save the exercise/run by pushing the reset button for 3 seconds. It clears the screen...don't worry. Now hold the menu button for 3 seconds and go to history. When you look at your history it will show you your calorie burn. Or you upload your stuff the garminconnect website it will show you there too. Haven't found an easier way yet...
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi, I own a Garmin 405 with HR monitor. From the menu on the watch I have a history selection, choose Activities and my most recent run will show, including calories burned. I'm not sure if yours came with a USB stick; if it does you can connect straight to the Garmin site and upload the activity. It will give you a more detailed look @ your run.
  • sharonsjones
    Options
    I just got one. Did my first run with it today. You have have to save the exercise/run by pushing the reset button for 3 seconds. It clears the screen...don't worry. Now hold the menu button for 3 seconds and go to history. When you look at your history it will show you your calorie burn. Or you upload your stuff the garminconnect website it will show you there too. Haven't found an easier way yet...

Thank you! Its awesome! My old watch was a garmin 205 and I just used the calories burned according to distance and pace.

To mmarin thanks for the info. When I run with it I'll see if the calories burned seem low or not. I hope not!

To Laurita it did come with the cable I'm going to check that out too! Thanks
  • ktraugott
    Options
    I also read a lot about about the calorie counts being low. Some say that that problem has been fixed... I've only used it for calorie burn twice but so far they seemed reasonable. Very comparable to a friend who is similar weight/age and did the same activity as me that has a polar HRM. I just wish I could see the calories burned without having to save it first. If you figure that out..let me know!
  • sharonsjones
    Options
    I know it would be nice to see them before saving! I will let you know if I figure it out.
  • jmm27
    jmm27 Posts: 34
    Options
    I know this thread is a few months old, but did you ever test to see if your calorie count was low for the 110? Im about to do the update thats available and wanted to get your opinion. Thanks!