just joined

Options
hi there, I'm new to my fitness pal, I discovered it by chance last night and, on paper anyway, it seems exactly what I'm looking for.

I've got 44lbs to lose, which is pretty daunting - I had a general awareness I was overweight but it wasn't until I saw a picture of myself taken a few weeks back I saw myself for what I am!

anyway, onwards and upwards and I'll be glad of the support here :smile:

Replies

• Angiehanzen1013
    Angiehanzen1013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    HI there:) I am newer to MFP and don't have quite as much to lose, but feel free to add me for support and motivation! Good luck with your goal!!!
  • dakota1978
    dakota1978 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you, Angie, I will do that :smile:
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :-). Hope the site helps with your weight loss journey.

Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends.
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like! I joined almost 1 month ago and I have lost 10 lbs!! This site is awesome!!!
  • ratmist
    ratmist Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - we have similar weight loss goals. :)
  • shebaw79
    shebaw79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm fairly new myself started less than a week ago. Feel free to add me.
  • lbecker5
    lbecker5 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    HI! Welcome! I just joined not too long ago too...an have too much to lose...but I do love this site..so good luck!!
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

You'll find great support and motivation here. I have 40 plus to lose myself, so.... Feel free to add me!
  • stephieb186
    stephieb186 Posts: 127
    Options
    Hello, You can add me if you'd like :) We are all in this together! You can do it!
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! It does feel a bit daunting when you first start, but I started in mid March after several failed attempts without any outside support with the same total weightloss goal as you and here I am getting on for three months later halfway to goal - it is doable! You'll soon start to see results :-)
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me~ you will find a lot of support here!
  • lizjoachin87
    Options
    Hi

I am some what new to fitness pal! I am really hoping this works for me! I am sick of being the big girl! I want to be the hot friend not the fat frumpy friend! I knew i was getting big, but was kind of in denial not really wanting to step on the scale.. well then i saw a pic of my husband and me.. and i was mortified. I am 5ft4 so when i put on the weight it really shows.. i looked at the pic only to see a doubble chin.. and this ugly frummpy hump back looking creature ( i didnt recognize myself) this is what made me stop and say WOW I really need to do something! I am 24 goign to be 25 and i look like a very unhealth 45 yr old who has had 6 kids! I am thicker girl with what use to be once upon a time curves that are NOW layerd in fat....... so i want to keep my curves and hopefully with the help of fitnes pal and like minded ppl who share my sturggle and most importantly ME staying focused and motivated I can get down to between a 160-150 lbs! :bigsmile:
  • tomjinca
    tomjinca Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend - been on several months - it works if you use it.
  • ruthy_angel
    ruthy_angel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello I'm Ruth. Add me please :)
  • ClaireSD35
    ClaireSD35 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi, I too have around 44 lbs to lose (having lost 44 lbs already). Feel free to add.
  • krissymonique
    krissymonique Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am fairly new to fitness pal, I have a 9 month old and just trying to get my body back to pre baby. More about toning at this point and just trying to cut out unhealthy food.. please feel free to add me if you have similar goals :)
  • dakota1978
    dakota1978 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow, thank you all so much! I don't think I've ever felt so welcome to a new forum before. X