Is seeing believing? do i stop or keep going?

Options
gungho66
gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
63 pounds of fat gone, damn it feels good ,but now what?

fatskinny-1.jpg

Replies

• BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    Depends on what you want, but regardless don't STOP... You've worked hard to achieve this.. Do you want to lose more?? Maintain, build?
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Great Job, You have to go where you are comfortable.
  • Kirstyfisk
    Kirstyfisk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    looking fantastic , if i were you i would keep up at what you are doing even if it means maintaining , would be a shame to undo all your hard work
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    Awesome! Maintain at least. Really, it's up to you
  • gungho66
    Options
    I want to build more muscle ,but also lose about 8 more pounds. I just dont want to look "too skinny". One thing for sure ,I will never stop, this is for LIFE! THANKS EVERYONE
  • shimewazaMan
    shimewazaMan Posts: 413
    Options
    Awesome man! Just awesome!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Now you buy a pair of pants that fit because you can't wear a towel everywhere. :laugh:

Once you're happy with the weight then go back to maintenance calorie intake and start working on some muscle building. Keep eating clean and getting adequate amounts of protein.
  • gungho66
    Options

Now you buy a pair of pants that fit because you can't wear a towel everywhere. :laugh:

Once you're happy with the weight then go back to maintenance calorie intake and start working on some muscle building. Keep eating clean and getting adequate amounts of protein.

But I like the towel!! Thank you for the reply!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'm basically at the same point although you've done a lot more work than I have dropping. I just had to drop 25 lbs to get to a great point where my love handles are non-existent. Now I don't really want to lose more weight. I just want more muscle and a leaner stomach. I'm trying to slowly creep down a tad in weight to dump what body fat I can but I think after a couple more pounds I'm going to switch to maintenance calories but at the same time stop trying to eat back cardio calories. That should put me up around 3000 calories a day minus whatever I burn off during exercise.

I'm doing HIIT cardio in the morning for 30 minutes 5 days a week and weights 4 days a week. My goal would be to have 17 inch arms cold not post workout (Currently about 16.5) and have a bit of abs showing at the same time. I know that's going to require me to get my body fat down around 10% and like you I don't want to look skinny. I suppose I'll have to start doing some sort of cutting and building cycles. I'm really good at adding weight so I have to work on doing it in a healthy lean fashion.

So see there's lots you can do. Keep working on it because it's good for you and the alternative is to get out of shape and just be a grumpy old man. When I get older I want to be able to out run and chase down those pesky kids when I scream at them to "Get off my lawn!" Put some real fear in to them. :laugh:
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    That is just awesome and DON'T STOP for heaven's sake! Go for the 8 if you really wanna and then maintain. Great job! :smile:
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    excellent job. as for stop or keep going..if you like what you see in the mirror then goto maintain mode. if you want to pack on muscle then lift weight more if you want to lose more well you know how to do that...congrats
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Nice work
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep doing what you're doing and see what happens.

I met my goal in Feb, and just kept up with the same eating and exercising routines. I've continues to lose weight, much slower, but my body is also changing shape. I figure eventually it will 'settle' to where I'm supposed to be.
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look great. Now maintain....or compete?
  • gungho66
    Options
    I believe Its down to 186 I go and I'm shooting for 12-14% body fat with weights 3 days and running 2 days a week with bicycling in the mix. Once i get to 186 I'll go to maintenance. I have signed up for one 5 k already and already have been running that distance for a couple weeks now. I think I would prefer the more lean cut look but still look like a man, at 5'8 I dont need to be bulky. This has been an incredible ride and no matter what i dont want it to end. I have only just begun and will be here for any of you that need support as well. Thanks for all the replies!
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    buy some pants :wink:
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Maintain! :) great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!