cellulite and exercising

So...I've got cellulite pretty bad on the back of my thighs near my butt. I'm wondering if over time that will go away due to exercising or I should try to do more squats and lunges or if it will always be there...I need some insight on this as I really want to be ripple free!

Replies

• bump
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    The more muscle you have, the more fat you will lose, so keep lunging and squatting using heavy weights if possible and don't forget the cardio. Diet and drinking lots of water is key to getting rid of cellulite.
  • Tasha_Star
    Tasha_Star Posts: 47
    i agree with the above post and add the following: no alcohol, none to minimal of wheat/gluten/white flour especially, no sugar!
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    I used to have it pretty bad too. I wasn't overweight but could stand to lose 10-15lbs. I rarely exercise so it was just ugly.

Four plus months later of solidly working out and losing 11lbs, it's been reduced a lot. I've lost more inches than I ever thought so I surely have a lot more muscle. I don't think one can ever fully get rid of cellulite, but certainly toning up is incredibly helpful! I'm thinking a full year of working out I'll be runway ready. LMAO! Kidding, but I'm sure it'll be even better and consequently I'll feel better!
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    I've discovered that every time I lose weight/ tone up, *most* of mine disappears. I just need to STAY in shape. >,<
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Tasha, what about Vodka?
  • yeah just run a lot! i go through phases where i don't exercise for a while (or used to) and i would notice cellulite start to form but as soon as i started running again it toned back up. exercise will only help! squats probably wouldn't hurt either
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    bump
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    What I've found, personally, is that strictly cardio had little effect on my cellulite (all over thighs & @$$). When I started lifting heavy, doing squats, lunges, etc. I really started noticing a difference in the appearance. That said, it's still there, and I've been going hard for quite a while. It's a fact of life for me, and most people, so I'm learning to live with it looking less noticeable now and accept it.
  • Tasha_Star
    Tasha_Star Posts: 47
    Tasha, what about Vodka?

all alcohol is empty calories so its not good AND it dehydrates you making cellulite/fat more prominent...you're a male though no? most men dont have visible cellulite...lucky guys!
    if you're gona drink in small amounts more "pure" alcohol like vodka and tequila straight or with water/soda is not bad...also red wine because of its other healthy properties...
  • mjn710
    mjn710 Posts: 11
    Hey good evening. A lot of mystery surrounds cellulite...
    For whatever reason, female bodies have very superficial fat deposits in certain areas close to the skin. These fat globules give the characteristic bumpy/wavy appearance.
    So knowing that cellulite is simply superficial fat, diet and exercise (what has been echoed from prior) are the keys to removing it. And in saying that, there are no other magic bullets. There is no such thing as spot weight reduction, drinking water, special creams, or specific foods to get rid of it.
    I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 260 Member
    Has anyone heard about estrogen having a connection with cellulite? And cutting out estrogen producing foods in conjunction with clean diet and exercise help??
  • sarahDickson501
    sarahDickson501 Posts: 87 Member
    Im glad I read this, a friend of mine is super skinny, but the back of her legs have more of those cellulite dimples than mine do, shes a size 4 and Im a 12, I agree that it has to do with diet and muscle tone, she don't workout, she has a high metabolism and is very active but has zero muscle tone, I think that would help a lot but she has bad knees and can not do leg strengthening workouts