Fear of Failure? or Fear of Success?

Options
I never thought I was afraid of success, but I realized failure in weight loss was a place I was used to. Time to move outside the comfort zone! So what do you fear more, Failure or Success?

Replies

• Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    For me I would say failure, success is always the goal no matter what the obstacle.
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    With my track record and looking at everything I do to get in my own way.. I have to say success is my biggest fear. I am use to failing.. actually succeeding .. just seems far fetched and honestly it scares me.
  • VeroBerry
    VeroBerry Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid to fail too because I have so many times... but man if I get over that fear and keep it up I might make it to the successful part lol.
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of both...which is why I think I've stayed where I was most comfortable with myself. I'm slowly working towards success...but I can feel a lingering fear of it with every step...and it's sad because I don't understand what I'm afraid of exactly!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Failure. I fail, I likely die at 55 like everyone else in my dad's family does (I have his genetics). Pretty simple for me.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I never thought I was afraid of success, but I realized failure in weight loss was a place I was used to. Time to move outside the comfort zone! So what do you fear more, Failure or Success?

In this case, I know I have a fear of success. My weight has been something to hide behind for so long. But by working on my inside as well as my outside, I am hoping that I will embrace success.
  • tracyhall63
    tracyhall63 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am most definately afraid of success, unfortunately when it relates to weight loss I am used to failure and know what it looks like. So it is the fear of the uncharted that I am really afraid of, not the weight loss.
  • TokenFatGirlNoMore
    Options
    I'm recently learning that I'm afraid of success. Every time I find myself doing really well...I self-sabotage and halt my progress. I'm so used to being the fat girl, hiding behind my weight, that I don't know what to do with myself when I find myself happy. The fact that I once had an eating disorder, and still have some lingering thought processes left over from that, doesn't help things either.