Tofu

Options
satxdc99
satxdc99 Posts: 74 Member
I am trying to eat as little meat and chicken as possible. I made tofu as a stir-fry for the first time today. Does anyone have any good recipes or know of a website that has ideas and recipes for tofu?

Replies

• hippietofugirl
    Options
    http://www.thekitchn.com/try-this-baked-tofu-74358

I tried this baked tofu today because I didn't have enough fat left to use oil, and it turned out pretty well. I just kind of made up my own marinade of a little soy sauce, mustard, cinnamon, ginger, minced onions and honey. It turned out pretty well, but you have to bake it for like an hour to get it chewy.

For stir fries, I just grease the skillet with olive oil, and put the tofu (with the same marinade as above) in the skillet with whatever veggies I have around
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/03/my-favorite-lasagna.html

Just made this lasagna with tofu a couple weeks ago, SO good! She has a lot of recipes with tofu on the site too, given that you aren't vegan you can just sub dairy if you want, though its probably lower cal as is!
  • beebopster
    beebopster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you can fry them in olive oil. i never tried baking/broiling them. you could be the first one to try it and let me know.
  • Yogeros
    Yogeros Posts: 19
    Options
    www.vegweb.com
  • satxdc99
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses! I will definitely look up the websites. I may even go to the bookstore to see if I can find a Tofu Cookbook.
  • satxdc99
    Options
    Here is a pic of the Tofu I made.
    Tofu.jpg
  • Yogeros
    Yogeros Posts: 19
    Options
    Looks delicious!! I love tofu, so I am always looking for great tasting, low calorie recipes, that include tofu.
  • HealthyNatalie1
    Options
    which receipe is this?
  • HeartlessHarlot
    HeartlessHarlot Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Alton Brown has a really good tofu recipe. If you go to www.foodnetwork.com and search his recipes it'll come up. It has an egg batter over it.

My husband HATES tofu and ate about 1/2 a brick before he realized what it was.