30 Minute Shred?

Options
I keep seeing posts about this everywhere, and, whilst I hate working out at home, I'm really tempted to try.

Just a few questions:

- Do you have to do it every day?
- It says build up to level three, can you start at 2 or 3, or does it have to be 1?
- How 'jumpy' is it? (I live in a flat, the girl downstairs will go mental if I start bouncing on the floor!)

Replies

• rychma
    rychma Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    She suggests yo do it 6 days with 1 day of rest. I just do it when I can. There are some jumping jacks and plyometrics (jump training). I would start at 1. You will feel it the next day, regardless of your fitness level.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    30DS is awesome-start with level 1 doing at least 5 days a week-good luck I love Jillian!

I completed this series and just started Insanity yesterday!
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It's the 30 Day Shred. It's about a 25-30 minute workout from warm-up to cool-down.

You don't have to do it every day. It does recommend that you do it everyday for 6 days/week with 1 rest day.

The program recommends that you begin at level 1 and move on to levels 2 and 3 after 10 days on each level. You can begin on whichever level you want, but know that levels get progressively harder.

In the first level alone you do jumping jacks, butt kicks, and jump rope (all are repeated 3 times). I can't remember if it's in the 2nd or 3rd level that there are quite a few plyometric exercises (exercises that incorporate jumping), but it's not the entire 20 minutes, each exercise is only 30 seconds.
  • Naynay1980
    Options
    Sunshine, I did level one and I am very active and found it very difficult to keep up. However, by the end of the first week, I was ready to be brave and tried level 3. You are welcome to do the levels in whatever order you like. The DVD is created to help people to achieve a greater workout by going through levels of difficulty. I say GO FOR IT...but don't say I didn't warn you. Like I said, VERY active and I struggled at first to keep up. I worked out 4-5 times a week. Jumpy, yes but you might be able to control yourself ; )
  • clwam
    clwam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is awesome- each level has an advanced and a modifed version to allow you to taylor to your needs. It is not easy but is a great workout and is worth it. You can go to any level but I would suggest starting with level 1. There are some jumping/stabilizing exercises and I was able to do them (with good form) without making a lot of noise. Great DVD! Good luck!
  • SunshineDieter
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I'm going to order a copy now :)

I had her boot camp for the wii, and absolutely loved it, so hopefully I'll enjoy this as much :)