cutting calories and sugar drops

Options
borichfan
borichfan Posts: 208 Member
I cut back on my calories, and felt good till today. I felt like my sugar was low, because for lunch, i had a piece of baked salmon, a baked potato, steamed yellow squash, and 1/2 c. of applasauce. I felt bad all evening, and i had a body by vi shake for dinner, i feel a little better. Funny how the shakes make me feel so much better than eating small amount of food to not go over on calories.
I have not dieted or exercised in a long time, and i am trying to get back into eating right & a routine of exercising. But i feel hungry & week & feel like my sugar drops when i cut back on eating, how can i handle that?

Replies

• RadioAngel
    Options
    Make sure you're eating small meals throughout the day. If you're prone to being hypoglycemic, you're sugar levels will be more level if you do it that way. Eating more protein is another good thing. At first I had to force myself to eat more, but then I found things I liked and it's getting easier for me to meet the protein goal.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you haven't said how much you're eating per day, or opened your diary.

The baked potato should have given you plenty of blood sugar, unless you have reactive hypoglycaemia which can be tested via the doctor.

If the shake makes a big difference perhaps it has something you're low on - potassium or sodium or something like that ?
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Here is what i had today

Breakfast - body by vi shake with protein whey & 1/2 c. blueberries
    snack - atkins shake
    Lunch - baked salmon, baked potato with butter, steamed squash, 1/2 c. applasauce, diet coke
    snack - atkins shake
    Dinner - body by vi shake with protein whey & 1 c. frozen peaches
    snack - atkins shake