I will look beautiful for my wedding day!

Options
I've been attempting on and off to lose weight and get fit for a while now, but NOW I have even more reason, so that I can look back on my wedding photos and be proud of myself, and how far I've gotten, not be depressed because I wasn't at my ideal weight.
SO here I go! Wish me luck! I have found my motivation and I refuse to let my poor eating habits, and emotional eating destroy me!
Here's to a new me!

Replies

• fitnsandyfun
    fitnsandyfun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting marry! How much are you plan on losing?
  • jmart53
    jmart53 Posts: 47
    Options
    This site will def help with bad eating habits. It's amazing what you learn. SO happy for your up coming wedding. I wish you the best in both your weight lose and Marriage. Friend me if you like. I can always use the extra support myself. Good Luck.
  • guineebrat
    guineebrat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    awsome congrats what kind of goals are u setting ?
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I've been attempting on and off to lose weight and get fit for a while now, but NOW I have even more reason, so that I can look back on my wedding photos and be proud of myself, and how far I've gotten, not be depressed because I wasn't at my ideal weight.
    SO here I go! Wish me luck! I have found my motivation and I refuse to let my poor eating habits, and emotional eating destroy me!
    Here's to a new me!

I am sure you would look beautiful regardless of what size dress you wear that day. Best wishes:)
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Congrats! Remember you can do anything you set your mind to!
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options

I am sure you would look beautiful regardless of what size dress you wear that day. Best wishes:)

^^^^^^ this
  • shelby_carroll
    Options
    Congrats! I'm only 20 but knowing that I'll be getting married in the next five years has inspired me to look beautiful for mine as well! It's a great goal to have. I want to rock a gorgeous dress without worrying about my body. I know you can achieve your goal if you set your mind to it! :)
  • lanach3rryb0mb
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I want to lose about 15kg, I don't want to lose too much weight, as I know it won't suit my body type, I'm a naturally curvy European girl haha
    I plan to set mini goals, just making sure I don't go over my calorie quota for the day, and trying to exercise three times a week, I don't want to concentrate on weight loss just yet, I just want to make sure I'm getting myself back into a routine of healthy eating and exercise and the weight loss will naturally follow!

If you'd like to add me, and help me out with support I would love that! The more support the better, I know I'll need it when those choc cravings kick in
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

^^^^^^ this

I agree!!! Congrats!!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    My bf's parents say he has to "settle down" in three years so in my mind that means I have about 3 years to get to my goal size, that is if we make it to that point. *blush* Losing 50-70 pounds in that time seems a manageable goal I think. I hate how plus sized wedding dresses look so that's my motivation too. :D
  • lanach3rryb0mb
    Options
    I'm sure you'll make it! I have 8 months to get to my goal weight so I'm going to have to be pretty strict with myself! Yeah plus sized wedding dresses aren't very nice, I was actually thinking that when I was looking at dresses last night!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I'm sure you'll make it! I have 8 months to get to my goal weight so I'm going to have to be pretty strict with myself! Yeah plus sized wedding dresses aren't very nice, I was actually thinking that when I was looking at dresses last night!

You can do it too. When do you think you'll be going shopping for a wedding gown? Hopefully they'll have to take it in a lot at the fittings. :D
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

You can do it too. When do you think you'll be going shopping for a wedding gown? Hopefully they'll have to take it in a lot at the fittings. :D

First of all I want to say congrats on your engagement! No matter what, you're going to feel amazing on your big day! I joined MFP when I got engaged and I lost a total of 34 lbs before my wedding and looked and felt AMAZING... the only issue was with exactly what mbelt004 is referring to, taking the dress in! I found out when I went for my final fitting, that some dresses aren't quite as easy to take in as others and since they had to take my dress down from about a size 10 to a size 2-4ish... we had some issues. It still looked amazing but I didn't get the perfect fit I was expecting/hoping for because the dress just really wasn't meant to be taken in that much!

That being said... I wouldn't have asked for a better problem to be facing :-)

And for some inspiration.. here is my before MFP dress shot and my wedding day shot ... 34 lbs down! You can do it!!

Screenshot2012-06-12at84008PM.png
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Yes you will! No matter how close or far you get to your goal by that glorious day! Congrats!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Oh and it took me approximately 9 months to lose the 34 lbs so it's definitely a reachable goal in 8 months! I started MFP in October and got married the following June. The secret to my success was lots of water, 1200 net calories a day, and JILLIAN MICHAEL'S. I swear by her :-)
  • OrchidStorm
    OrchidStorm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing this partially for a wedding! Good luck!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I am engaged, not getting married any time soon though :)
    But am thinking the same thing, want to look amazing for the wedding.. whenever that is.
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    you can totally do it!!! good luck! you've come to the right place!
  • lanach3rryb0mb
    Options
    Thank you thank you everyone! What an amazing group of people!
  • natashagibson
    Options
    Good luck with your journey. Nothing more motivating than your up coming wedding date.