green tea

Options
I know that sugar is bad for you but I crave sweets (well sodas) bad and I like tea alot BUT I cant drink tea with out sugar. I tried and i just cant do it.
I cut back on candy and sodas AAALLLOOOTTTT. So will one cup of tea with sugar hurt. Or should i stick to water? What should I do about my soda cravings? Diet Soda..?? I know thats not any better.
you may all think I've lost it when I say that I'm addicted to soda but Im so serious and am REALLY having a dilemma [SP].
I want to drink green tea instead of sodas but I just cant tolerate it without sugar.

OH and I know honey is good ut how much is too much!?
Ive done good by just literally guzzling water to keep from drinking BAD stuff.

just want clarification on whats bad and whats not..
any suggestions???
HELP PLEASE!!

Replies

• Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    So long as you measure it and only use a reasonable amount, I don't see any harm with putting a little bit of sugar in a cup of green tea to replace sodas. You'll get the benefit of the green tea, and it will (if you don't go overboard) have way less sugar than sodas.

As for honey, it's a great sweetener. I wouldn't use gobs of it, but using, say, a teaspoon or two in your honey wouldn't be bad.
  • JustCierra12345
    Options
    I used to be completely obsessed with soda, but I haven't drank into in over a year now. All you have to do is have some really good willpower. I love green tea though, especially the citrus kind. It adds a little bit more of taste to it so its not so plain, but I get the diet so its no calories at all. :)
  • queenaaee
    queenaaee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yea i need to get over soda and im doing ok as long as i drink tea..i like tea just as much and feel better drinking (no guilty feeling after) but just didnt wanted to make sure that some sugar is ok.
    thank you all for your feedback!