Distribution of calories

Options
I usually try to aim for around 400 cals per meal with 300 left over for snacks/dessert.

Now I'm wondering if it would make more sense to start breakfast higher and decline the goal with each meal, since I tend not to be very active after dinner.

Like 500 cals breakfast, 400 lunch, 300 dinner, and keep the 300 for snacks/dessert.

Anyone do this?

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I eat more calories for breakfast and then lower it through out the day cause im more active first thing in the morning so i need more energy and fuel... and at night i don't like to eat much right before bed! I would try it and see how your body feels if you eat more for breakfast
  • tinanicole
    Options
    I usually eat a decent breakfast, a light lunch, and then a bigger dinner.

So I would say:
    400 300 500

For breakfast I usually have oatmeal and bananas, for lunch I eat a low calorie soup with pita bread and hummus on the side, and for dinner I like to have salad and pasta. I guess it just depends on which meal you like the most. I happen to like a big dinner.
  • swtlilatowngurl
    Options
    I eat about 260 for breakfast
    lunch 340
    then dinner about 450

but then i also work out and burn 600 calories. I can say i feel alot healthier and have TONS more energy!

290553.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I just started 1 1/2 ago!
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Remember if you eat more in the morning you have the whole day to burn it off. I want to get myself in the shape of eating 500cals in the morning and then working down to 300cals for dinner. It makes more sense. By lunch time with walking to work and doing daily activities and your body kicking into gear the calories will be burned off. Just remember late night cravings happen and a large dinner holds the body over. You have to make the choice that is best for your body. If you can fight temptations eat a larger breakfast and a smaller dinner it will be the best for you.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I have read many articles that you need to have high calories for breakfast and lunch and dinner is supposed to be about 300 to 400 calories. Since you are less active.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    They say that you need more calories in the morning so you will have more to burn throughout the day.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    My problem is I am not a big breakfast person. I don't like eggs , so I most of the time i usally just have ceral, sometimes on the weekend i have pancakes,