Physical Activity List (Update)

Options
This was the original post...
I truly believe the best way to lose weight / get healthy is to find 1 to 5 physical activities you ACTUALLY enjoy. If you enjoy it, you'll lose track of time, and burn / firm / trim like crazy without realizing it.

If you hate it, you'll stop doing it.

For example... I love to fight (martial arts), spar, work the heavy bag, shadow box, etc... I can do that stuff for hours, and completely lose track of time in the process.

On the other hand, if you put me on a treadmill, I'm ready to throw myself under a bus within 5 minutes.

Here's the compiled list from the Brainstorming String...

Balance Board
Ballet
Basketball
Bike Riding
Bodypump
Bootcamps
Boxing
Circuit Training
Cleaning
Country Dance
Cycling
Dancing
Elliptical Machine
Elliptical Trainer
Farm Chores
Figure Skating
Fishing
Freestyle Dancing
Gardening-lawn Work
Golf
Heavy Bag
Hiking
Hockey
Hula Hooping
Jiu Jitsu
Judo
Kayaking
Kickboxing
Lifting Weights
Long Walks
Martial Arts (all Types)
Mma
Pilates
Playing With The Kids (biking, Scooters, Playground)
Pole Dancing
Rollerblading
Rough Housing With My Dogs
Running
Soccer
Spinning
Sprints
Surfing
Swimming
Tae Bo
Tennis
Tether Ball
Trail Hiking
Trail Running
Trampoline
Volleyball
Walking
Walking To The Store
Weight Lifting
Wii Fit
Wii Zumba
Yoga
Zumba

Replies

• maryaroy32
    maryaroy32 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Its not on your list but I truly find getting lost downtown the most entertaining place to walk. I had to laugh at your comments about a treadmill.

I'll explain. I work in Downtown Orlando, Fl. I've lived here 7 years and have avoided the shops, I was most curious about downtown, because of the homeless and basically being a woman alone in a place I know little to nothing about. Three months ago I found myself in a job (I'm a Programmer) in the middle of the city and have been exploring daily ever since. I get lost a lot, a lot, a lot. I guess I should synch my phones gps. lol. But I roam every day and explore the restaurants and shops. It's a lot of fun.