low-carb lunches when on-the-go. ideas?

Options
Any menus, suggestions, recipes, all appreciated. It seems all and any foods I can get for lunch have at least one (1) of these: white rice, pasta, bread, tortillas, potato, rooted vegetables, etc. When I look in my food journal I've had a ton of carbohydrates by lunch. and no, I don't want to just glut on cheese and meat with vegetables. Feedback is welcome. Share your recipes with me! Thank you.

Replies

• mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If I need something handheld to eat, I wrap whatever low carb thing I'm wrapping in a boiled cabbage leaf. I kinda prefer it to wraps anyways - adds flavor and a bit of crunch. I last did it with some vegan crispy shredded "beef" and absolutely loved it.

Eggs are also a good lunch ingredient for some protein without the carbs. You could probably make a greek yogurt based egg salad and really get a protein packed lunch. And there's nothing wrong with feta, goat cheese, some other reduced fat cheeses! Embrace it!
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Try La Tortilla low carb high fiber wraps. One large wrap has 80 cals, 12g fiber, and 18g carbs. Wrap up low sodium deli meat, low fat cheese, veggies, and low fat vinaigrette.
  • muscravageur
    Options
    Thanks to all who have posted. really like the cabbage idea. i love feta cheese.