Too much protein?

Options
Hi, I'm new to the site and new to food diaries. Please help.

When I enter my foods for the day, I tend to go over in the protein category. Realistically, what would be the result of this happening? Do I bulk up, rather than losing weight? I just can't figure this out.

Anyone?

Replies

• htalexander
    Options
    unfortunately, I don't know what this means health or fitness wise but I always go a little over in protein, and have still lost weight...I have seen others on here say that MFP protein level is a tab low. I've been curious about this also so look forward to some more informed replies! =)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I go over every day....but I try to because I am doing a low carb/high protein program. I wouldnt worry if you are a little over, though.
  • mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    MFP starts you off with a really, really low protein goal. Silly low.

Unless you have a history of kidney problems AND you eat a bajillion grams of protein a day, you will do just fine with more protein. In fact, you'll most likely lose weight. If you up your protein and stay under your calorie goal, you'll be getting a substantial amount of your calories (4 per gram) from protein rather than carbs (also 4 per gram) and your body will be all like, "omg thanks a million let's lose weight now, k?" And then you and your body will high five.
  • MaggieAudiologist
    Options
    Hey, thanks! It's good to know I can still move in the right direction ;)
  • maryaroy32
    maryaroy32 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    MFP starts you off with a really, really low protein goal. Silly low.

Unless you have a history of kidney problems AND you eat a bajillion grams of protein a day, you will do just fine with more protein. In fact, you'll most likely lose weight. If you up your protein and stay under your calorie goal, you'll be getting a substantial amount of your calories (4 per gram) from protein rather than carbs (also 4 per gram) and your body will be all like, "omg thanks a million let's lose weight now, k?" And then you and your body will high five.

"You and your body will high five!" <
    classic! I love it