NSV - Goodbye Prilosec

Options
I've lost 19 lbs and no longer have to take two Prilosec a day. Now, no Prilosec and no acid reflux! YEA!!!

Replies

• MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    That is just fantastic!! Eating healthy is a great thing, huh? It seems to eliminate many gastro-intestinal challenges! Well done!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It's amazing the changes our bodies go through when we start to eat healthier! Congratulations on this awesome NSV!
  • jlanderson01
    jlanderson01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get off prilosec!!
  • Pamela777
    Pamela777 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was hooked on Protonix for (acid reflux for 5 years), had a really hard time weaning myself off it - had to take Tums often, while eating a "healthy diet" that included oatmeal, whole grain breads, etc. However, after starting Atkins (I do incorporate veggies by the way), I went off it cold turkey. I never even need a Tums. It's been like 3 months now! It is just awesome! It is awesome how ur body knows what it needs to be healthy. :drinker:
  • kodeone
    kodeone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have suffered from acid reflux for years. I was telling one of my clients this and she said that putting lemon juice in your water would help. She said it seems counterintuitive but that the lemon juice will actually lower the PH in your body and help neutralize the acid. I was willing to try anything because I was so tired of taking tums and prilosec every day. It helped almost immediately and I haven't taken prilosec or tums in two months. It might be worth trying!
  • Rolande55
    Rolande55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have suffered from acid reflux for years. I was telling one of my clients this and she said that putting lemon juice in your water would help. She said it seems counterintuitive but that the lemon juice will actually lower the PH in your body and help neutralize the acid. I was willing to try anything because I was so tired of taking tums and prilosec every day. It helped almost immediately and I haven't taken prilosec or tums in two months. It might be worth trying!

I read that drinking a glass of warm water with lemon juice squeezed in it frist thing in the morning was good for the liver. Helps cleanse things. Plus the liver is connected to the gall bladder responsible for producing bile and digesting fats. So it makes sense!
  • kodeone
    kodeone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was shocked at how well (and quickly) it worked! I have made some changes to my diet as well but drinking the lemon juice a couple times a day sure has helped.
  • rudy7020
    rudy7020 Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • HealthyAim
    HealthyAim Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Me too! :) I experienced the same NSV and it's fantastic. No more one pill a day for me by just reducing the amount of food I ate and making healthier choices on the types of food I take. High fives for us :) Thanks for posting your NSV; it's a great one.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Congrats! The same thing happened to me, now I can finaly figure out what foods cause me heartburn, instead of having it all the time lol
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome. That stuff is expensive.
  • Boston_Jon
    Boston_Jon Posts: 24
    Options
    Great work. Keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!