Eating back burnt calories?

Options
Hi, I know this is probably somewhere in the forums, I have already looked at a post and how it was phrased confused me even more.

I am on a 1230 calorie diet plan, today I will be doing netball training, for an hour and a half, which mainly involves running, so an hour and a half of training is about 560 calories burnt. Do I need to consume those calories again?

If so, do I consume them before the exercise or after?

I am finding it quite hard to consume the 1230 calories a day in the first place, I eat Breakfast, a snack, Lunch, a snack and Dinner, that generally is my 1230, but then to find the extra 560 calories I don't know what else to eat. Do I need to eat the 560 calories?

Your help is appreciated

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    The short answer: yes (if you are using MFP to calculate your calorie, you should be eating extra when you exercise).

The longer answer: www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com
  • okayleighg
    Options
    Thank you! Can someone recommend me alternate calorie intakes, should I drink shakes or something? and still do I consume before or after the exercise?
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Protein SHakes
    Avacados
    Peanut Butter
    Nuts of all kinds
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter whether you eat or drink your calories - do what makes you feel good and gives your body the nutrition it needs (if you keep an eye on the amount of fat/protein/carbs left in your diary you can see what you are high or low in).
    I'm not a fan of protein shakes because they are more processed than I like - but if you like them, go for it.

If you know you are going to be exercising, then plan your day so you spread your calories out and eat at times that work for you. Or save a few for tomorrow if you need to.