Wife not losing weight and she's frustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Have her take pictures to compare her progress. The scale is not the only way to see that her efforts are paying off. I am also doing Ripped in 30 and while I haven't lost any weight according to the scale, I have progress pictures to prove that my efforts are paying off and I am much happier with the results I am seeing there than seeing "results" based on the number on the scale going down.

I think she should stop relying on the scale so much and use measurements and pictures to really see.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Wife not losing weight?

More sex is needed. What are you doing, man?!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Have her search the group 'eat more to weigh less'. There is a wealth of info there and an excellent read on plateau! This group was suggested to me and has been SO helpful!!! I am 5'4" at 127.8lbs. and eating about 1800 cals a day!! Good luck to you both!
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    the closer you are to goal the harder it is. either shes not tracking correctly or she needs to up the exercise or just be patient.

i agree with others, track in other ways, clothing fit, measurements, etc

i am on my last 16 lbs and it is coming off VERY VERY slowly. It's hard to be patient but thats all we have. Maybe have her just try taking a diet break and just working on maintenance for a few weeks and then restart.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Wife not losing weight?

Ha ha!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Wife not losing weight?

:laugh: Spot on.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    She's not eating enough..
  • 2012Mich
    2012Mich Posts: 93
    Options
    Since I'm an engineer I'll give this in bullet format:
    - Wife is 28 years old - never had kids 5' 2" SW 149 CW 137 GW 120
    - We both started monitor calories and exercise in January
    - I have lost 24lbs she has been stuck at about 12 lb lost for 2-3 months now
    - She eats between 1200-1500 calories a day - 90% healthy/fresh/unprocessed etc
    - She works out for anywhere between 20 min-50 min most days - sometimes a bike ride, ripped in 30, tread mill - nothing crazy intense
    - She stopped hormonal BC 2 months ago
    - Her measurements are very very slowly decreasing

All in all she keeps getting frustrated because she's working very hard and by all accounts doing everything right. I suggested seeing a doctor today thinking maybe a thyroid issue - I read the symptoms list and they seem like something anybody could have...

Unless she's sitting at work eating twinkies that she's not telling me about we're kind of at a loss for what else is in our control to help her out - Are we on the right track with a doctor or can anybody relate that they just lost really really slowly?

Just trying to help her out

I just wana say, hats off to you!! You sound like a wonderful supportive husband. Not alot of them would get on here and try and help out. Well done :-)

I was thinking the same thing. You're a thoughtful husband!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    up her calorie intake by a 100 calories a week till she starts losing again. I think she's not eating enough. She's doing exercise and needs to eat some calories back. Good luck and your sweet for being so caring.
  • pattycake44
    pattycake44 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
  • enginerd81
    enginerd81 Posts: 50
    Options
    Wife not losing weight?

:laugh: Spot on.

I'll be sure to forward this on to her - It couldn't hurt right?

She logs her stuff pretty well - I'm sure she's at a defecite each day. She said she's going to work out harder/more. I said we'll mark it on the calender and in 3 weeks if nothings changed let's look at other options.

She got her BF% checked at the end of march and I suggested she go in and have that checked again to see if it has gone down.

Thanks for all the positive responses and suggestions.