Natural PCOS

Options
melkneec
melkneec Posts: 309 Member
Has anyone had any luck with treating PCOS the natural way?? I am thinking about giving it a try and would like to know how it has worked for other and advice would me nice. :) Thanks guys!! You are the best!!

Replies

• rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    The only thing I take for PCOS is birth control. I know that's not natural, but it does help even out my hormones. Other than that, I follow a low carb diet (I've been doing badly, and I can feel it) and trying to exercise a lot. It does help! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • melkneec
    Options
    I follow the low carb diet too and it really does help. I can't take the pills or birth control because I have Lupus and it makes me have a flare. How many carbs do you eat a day?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had any luck with treating PCOS the natural way?? I am thinking about giving it a try and would like to know how it has worked for other and advice would me nice. :) Thanks guys!! You are the best!!

Yes. Black Cohosh and Vitex (chaste berry) along with low carb lifestyle and my body is functioning properly once again.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I follow the low carb diet too and it really does help. I can't take the pills or birth control because I have Lupus and it makes me have a flare. How many carbs do you eat a day?

Vitex will help with that..........

Read this link, some of the threads address this.

http://www.dailystrength.org/search?q=Vitex&t=discussion&community=Lupus
  • melkneec
    Options
    Yes. Black Cohosh and Vitex (chaste berry) along with low carb lifestyle and my body is functioning properly once again.

Is it still hard for you to lose weight? I can lose 10lbs a month with the meds I'm on but they make me sick in different ways. ick. lol
  • melkneec
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I have been doing some reading and I think I'm going to try to treat my PCOS naturally. I have read a few articles and books about it. My meds seem not to be working for me any more. :( The curse of PCOS. I found out that the conventional meds just treat the symptoms and doesn't really get to the root cause. I have order a PCOS system from Insulite Laboratories and I will be keeping daily diary about it for you guys.