30 day 'stop that food/drink addiction' challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I have been putting International Delight French Vanilla in my coffee for at least 11 years now, knowing how horrible it is for me but I just can't bring myself to stop!!!! And I know I need to. I have other vices, sweets, anything sweet but I'm already working on replacing that with celery. I really need help with my creamer....my name is Juniper and I'm addicted to coffee creamer :laugh:
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am so in...

chocolate and candy.... These are my devil foods
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am pathetic. Red wine and poptarts!
  • poodlehepler
    poodlehepler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    send me an invite ................my addiction would be skinny vanilla with whipped topping............which is not so bad but I make them at home and put way to much creamer and whipped topping and have several in a day................I want to drop to one a day and then drop to not even one every day.
  • sugarwcoffee
    Options
    My downfall is sugar. I'm down to just 2cups of coffee a day with the real stff in it. Then one or teo with sweet and low. I gained so much weight with the sugar. Willwe meer online and where for tips and such. When i say the real stuff note my signon is sugaf with coffee like creamy syrup.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn...I haven't been eating it....and I miss it.
  • AwkwardPumpkin
    AwkwardPumpkin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My bad foods are Soda mostly and junk foods in general is the second but nothing really specific. I really need to kick my soda habit and try to replace sweet junk foods with healthier alternatives.
  • leezanicole
    Options
    Ugh.. I go crazy for sweets and salty snacks. If I could stop that.. I'd be fine. No self control.. well, not enough!
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    So, I have two problem food/drinks that I simply cannot seem to give up.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7sHBEIxJF1RjdNJBOYNu-IUhp2pZYnhLgsZnDPW7D88z50yqC

photolibrary_rf_photo_of_bowl_of_popcorn.jpg

Now, I understand a bit of popcorn and a energy drink now and again isn't a big deal. But, I have at least one energy drink a day (sometimes two), and a *huge* amount of popcorn almost every single night.

I'd love to start a group challenge so that I have to be accountable to others to stop these habits.

If you are wanting to stop an addiction that is getting in the way of your goals, join me! List your addiction, and I'll come up with a start date and add the group.

Ugh, I used to be addicted to lo cal monsters too. :grumble: I would drink one or two everyday. I feel soooooo much better now that I've quit drinking them. hmmmm my addiction food/drink I want to stop would be chocolate I LOVE chocolate! :devil: and I want to quit drinking diet soda
  • chica23GK
    chica23GK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this challenge. My addiction is potato chips. Although I haven't had any recently, there is a new bag staring me in the face right now! I'd kick them out of the house but my husband (thin guy who can eat whatever w/o gaining!) can't live without them. Once I start it's hard to stop - on a good day I can contain myself to one serving per day every day until they are gone. But I need to watch my blood pressure & cholesterol levels, so they are really bad for me :( and so I'd like to just eliminate them completely - they're nutritionally useless to me & I don't want to be controlled by anything so useless. :)
  • angelam82
    angelam82 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ill join in. My problem is chocolates and lollies. Today is day 4 without, well except for 1 little pineapple lolly on sunday. I work in a hospital and we get given so much chocolate etc. Today was hard, someone made chocolate cupcakes and there was a box of lindt balls. I walked away from both :)
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Day one, no addictions starts TODAY! Come join the pain! ;P

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/630480-day-1
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ill join in. My problem is chocolates and lollies. Today is day 4 without, well except for 1 little pineapple lolly on sunday. I work in a hospital and we get given so much chocolate etc. Today was hard, someone made chocolate cupcakes and there was a box of lindt balls. I walked away from both :)

Great job resisting temptations!!!!!
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Ok, I started the group and sent invites to you ladies...HOPE YOU GET THEM!! We'll start this Wednesday, June 13. Good luck..:)

Can I still join? I'm trying to give up on energy drinks - so addictive :/ Am sitting drinking a Relentless Libertus now and have got to a stage where I have some form of energy drink every day even though I know they're bad for me.
  • tashbowen1992
    tashbowen1992 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Is too late to join?

I don't have a fizzy drink addiction anymore lol, but I'm recovering from bulimia and I want to stop binging, I think this could help lol.