3 days till my wedding... feeling guilty..

Options
Hi everyone.

I am getting married this Saturday... so only 3 days away. I have put a lot of pressure on myself to look good for the day, and have made quite a few personal goals for myself... those that I have not met. Two years ago I lost about 21 lbs, and ever since, have had a very tough time moving forward. For reference, I am 25 years old.. 5'7", and I stay around 157-160 mostly. I started at 181 lbs. Every time I lose a few pounds and feel good, I screw it up. I wanted to be down to around 150 for the big day... and haven't gotten there. And now that I am only a few days away, I find myself stressed, and turning to some bad foods here and there.. and having a few too many drinks! At this point I just want to feel good, not puffy.. but I am having such a hard time. I just really want to feel good, but I have family coming down in a day or two, and then pre-wedding and wedding celebrations, of course.. so it's tough!

I don't quite know why I wrote this post.... I think just to vent! I just want to look and feel good about myself, that's all.

Replies

• fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    wear some Spanx and have a great day! Best wishes!
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Remember, pictures from this day will hopefully be around your home for the rest of your life! Drink water, water, then more water! Good luck, marriage is an adventure! Worth it, but tough sometimes.
  • MrsBorderline
    MrsBorderline Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful girl and will be a beautiful bride! Relax and enjoy your wedding and all of the festivities! You and your new husband can set new goals to work on together after the honeymoon. Congratulations!
  • oOTaraOo
    oOTaraOo Posts: 29
    Options
    You are gorgeous and I am sure you are going to look beautiful on your wedding day. Weddings are extremely stressful so don't beat yourself up about your choices the last few days. I put about 2 kgs on the two weeks leading up to my wedding.

Once you are dressed up in your wedding dress with your hair and makeup done all anyone will be able to look at is you - in awe.

You have still lost over 20lbs - that is a great achievement!
  • alpepp
    alpepp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Remember to drink your water, smile, and know that you will be the most beautiful person to everyone on Saturday, especially to your love waiting for you at the end of the aisle. You worked hard to lose those 21 lbs and even harder to keep it off. You have so much time to finish what you started - be proud of what you accomplished and celebrate with your friends and family. That number is only a number! Best wishes!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful, just enjoy your big day, drink plenty of water to help stay hydrated, especially with the drinking. Now is not the time to worry or try to lose weight. Just go and have some fun. :)
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    awe sweetie! enjoy the day! six lbs isnt gonna come off in three days, quit stressing so much! just try to eat as normal as possible so you feel great, the more junk food you eat, the worse you will feel, have fun!
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    wear some Spanx and have a great day! Best wishes!

Hahah.. Spanx? Check!

And thanks so much everyone! And yes!! Drinking tons of water :)
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    You look fine.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You'll look gorgeous! Don't spend any more time worrying about things that have already happened, just enjoy the fun and excitement of this special time.
    Congratulations in advance!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    No one is going to know how much you weigh but you... so put on your dress.... get your hair and make up done and have fun because honestly you will be a beautiful bride even if you are not at 150 pounds.
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful girl and will be a beautiful bride! Relax and enjoy your wedding and all of the festivities! You and your new husband can set new goals to work on together after the honeymoon. Congratulations!

Agreed, as above. Your wedding only happens once so enjoy all it has to offer with family, friends and that great guy you've chosen. The rest will fall into place later. Congratulations!!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I can understand how you feel. Remember what it's all about, you were lucky enough to find a partner who loves YOU. Happiness is the most beautiful thing and it will show all over you :)
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I just looked at your photos and I think you look FANTASTIC!!! You are beautiful. If you have some problem areas, just put on some spanx- they work wonders.

Use the next few days to eat as healthy as possible so that you can feel good on your special day.

Good luck to you and CONGRATS!
  • IleneRachel
    Options
    Okay, now stop beating yourself up! What's done is done. From this moment on, remember to make yourself a priority. Really figure out what your ultimate goal is (like.... being healthy and able to live an active and happy life), write it, and focus on that. Remember this (especially when you feel your motivation slipping): Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment.

Like someone else said, drink lots and lots of water (not juice, milk, or alcohol) to detox and get things flowing.

Forgive yourself and look forward to a happy and healthy life with your love!

~~ Ilene Rachel
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    well Eryn, you already look amazing so everything will be just fine. Every time you go to reach for that food or for some drinks just think, nope....I can do this. I have come so far, I look amazing, feel amazing, I am amazing. I know you can do it, you just need to keep believing you yourself and your goals. I am always happy to help you when you feel tempted to eat that extra food or drinks. Gooooooooooooooooooooooo Eryn :)
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    You all have made me feel so much better!! Thank you so much!!
    Will do my best the next few days, and then after the wedding, re-evaluate my goals :)

And thanks, Mike!! You are too sweet! SO lucky to have you as a buddy on here :)
  • shoegal517
    shoegal517 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely gorgeous and will make a beautiful bride! No one will know you didn't make your goal and your wedding won't be any less amazing because you didn't hit a certain number :)

Enjoy every minute, I got married in September and I still swoon when I think of all the festivities. I kept meaning to work out and eat well to not be chubs but in the end definitely didn't do as much as I would have liked.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I have just had a look at your pics and honey you look great and I really think you will llook just so beatiful on saturday.
    Enjoy your wedding and all that goes with it, food drinks etc, enjoy your honeymoon if you are having one and worry about the rest after.. Don't let yourself stress needlesly.
    Congratulations and I hope your day is all you hope it will be.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Your beautiful...and will be a beautiful bride! If your dress fits....everything will be fine : )
    Just enjoy getting ready for your big day....no more stressing about your weight!!
    He loved you at 181....So everything will be fine.

My hubby is the sameway...loves me for me. I just didn't, so I had to make the change for myself.

You have a life time to make the changes you want.....don't worry about it right now : )