Desperately seeking help

Options
Hello. Well you always want to start these things by highlighting all of the points that got us here so here i go. I am a 28 yr old mom of 3. A 9 yr old and twin 8 yr olds. I am in a wonderful marriage with a husband I consider to be my best friend. We both have jobs, we don't have any health issues. Over all I am very blessed. So why in the heck can't I lose any weight. I weigh 232lbs and I am 5'6". I CAN'T STOP EATING! I do not know how to control it. I have been over weight my whole life and it seems like every time I think I am on the right track and doing well, I ruin it and can't stop. I even "sleep eat". I wake up in the morning noticing evidence that I got up in the middle of the night and ate. If that isn't enough. I like to exercise And to play. I know we hear this all the time but I can not seem to find the time to work out.

Schedule
6am get up, take shower
6:20 get kids up and ready for school
7:15 take kids to school then come back and finish getting ready for work
8:30 go to work
6pm leave work and pick up kids
6:45 get home and start dinner, then homework, then showers for the kids, then chores, then kids to bed (all of this going on with lots of yelling because we know how well kids this age can listen)
9pm whined down to try to fall asleep (I also suffer from an anxiety disorder that treating is a joke)
10:30 finally fall asleep if I am lucky
Wake up and do it again

I know everyone says if you work out it will help you sleep. If I work out after work It actually makes it to where I can't sleep.

I want to loss weight and fell and look good but sometimes if I wonder if I set myself up for failure,,,,,,,,,

Ps my husband works Alot and he has a commute. When he is here is helps and he is very supportive.

HELP ME!!!!!!!,!,!,!

Replies

• diskokitty
    Options
    Find something else that makes you happy. If you're busy enjoying something else you won't have time to eat.

With regard to finding time to exercise during your schedule:

Schedule
    6am get up, take shower
    8:30 go to work PARK AS FAR AS YOU CAN SO YOU CAN WALK
    DURING LUNCH TAKE A BRISK WALK.
    6:45 get home and start dinner, then homework, then showers for the kids, then chores, then kids to bed (all of this going on with lots of yelling because we know how well kids this age can listen)
    9pm wind down to try to fall asleep (I also suffer from an anxiety disorder that treating is a joke) GET SOME YOGA VIDEOS AND THIS WILL HELP WITH ANXIETY, IT'S HELPING ME. IT SHOULD RELAX YOU. DO SOME SUN SALUTATIONS, MAYBE DO A COUPLE TWISTS, GO INTO WARRIOR, DOWN TO THE FLOOR FOR SOME MORE TWISTS, TRY A BRIDGE POSE, THEN END WITH DEAD MAN. YOGA IS NOT HOKEY AND IT HAS TOTALLY CHANGED MY HEALTH INCLUDING METABOLISM, DIGESTION, STRESS, STRENGTH, AND RELAXATION AND I AM A VERY HIGH STRUNG PERSON. THE BREATHING WITH MOVEMENT IS KEY.
    Wake up and do it again

Try this for at least 2 weeks and see if you don't notice changes. Good luck.
  • tripnhazy
    tripnhazy Posts: 4
    Options
    Sounds like my schedule! I start adding little exercises throughout the day to help me get my goal. When I wake up in the morning, I do 3 sets of sit ups before even getting out of bed. Doing it on the bed is supposed to be bad for you but I have felt no pain in my back which I always did when doing them on the floor. After I get my son off to school, I dance to music in the morning while getting dressed. You would be amazed how many calories dancing burns off! And then at lunch, I sometimes walk as I'm eating my lunch. Not very fast, but a slightly quicker pace than normal. Be careful not to inhale your food. :)

The point is, just try to add in little things here and there. The more you move the more you lose! Best of luck!
    21956990.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    New schedule: wake up 5:30 am work out
    Shower: 6am

30 minutes 3x/wk is a start......the other 2 days take 20 minute walks with your kids.....you have to make time to do it! I am a SAHM of 2 girls and my husband is gone out of town working m-f.....if I don't work out 1st thing in the morning I talk myself out of it and I usually feel like crap because it is now part of my daily routine. Nobody gets breakfast until I work out...so they leave momma alone! Friend me if you need support. I was 265lbs at 5'6 1/2 after my 2nd daughter was born 18 months ago when I started to work on this! It is hard but if you want it bad enough you will find a way to get it done!
  • Kareta23
    Kareta23 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you with eating unneccessary foods. The only thing I've found that kind of helps is I eat before going to the grocery store. If I'm not hungry, I don't grab sweets and junk food. And if it's not in the house, I can't get into trouble with it!

As far as exercise goes, I get up an hour earlier than I used to so I can get in some cardio. It's incredibly hard to not hit the snooze button, but after a few days of consistently making myself do it, I NEED my 'me' time. And I have to agree with diskokitty about the yoga. I do just a small 10 minute video of relaxation yoga in the evenings and then have a cup of nettle tea with a teaspoon of honey. I used to have terrible insomnia, but if I do these two things I'm completely out within an hour. (Nettle tea is caffeine free so don't worry about it keeping you up. It actually works as a mild sedative.)

Hope my rambling helps and good luck!
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    Hello. Well you always want to start these things by highlighting all of the points that got us here so here i go. I am a 28 yr old mom of 3. A 9 yr old and twin 8 yr olds. I am in a wonderful marriage with a husband I consider to be my best friend. We both have jobs, we don't have any health issues. Over all I am very blessed. So why in the heck can't I lose any weight. I weigh 232lbs and I am 5'6". I CAN'T STOP EATING! I do not know how to control it. I have been over weight my whole life and it seems like every time I think I am on the right track and doing well, I ruin it and can't stop. I even "sleep eat". I wake up in the morning noticing evidence that I got up in the middle of the night and ate. If that isn't enough. I like to exercise And to play. I know we hear this all the time but I can not seem to find the time to work out.

Schedule
    6am get up, take shower
    8:30 go to work
    9pm whined down to try to fall asleep (I also suffer from an anxiety disorder that treating is a joke)
    Wake up and do it again

I know everyone says if you work out it will help you sleep. If I work out after work It actually makes it to where I can't sleep.

I want to loss weight and fell and look good but sometimes if I wonder if I set myself up for failure,,,,,,,,,

Ps my husband works Alot and he has a commute. When he is here is helps and he is very supportive.

HELP ME!!!!!!!,!,!,!

You need to see a doctor about the sleep eating for sure! Your health may not be as great as you think.
  • ashshields12
    ashshields12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Could you wake up earlier?? I added in excercise by getting up earlier you soon find time to fit it in.

This is now my schedule... of a mother of one, works fulltime and studys at uni online with a fulltime work load....

5am get up, breakfast, workout for an hour/hour and a half... Shower
    7.00 get 0son up and ready for school
    7:15 make everyones lunches, help with sons homework
    8:15 leave home for the day, school drop off, then to work
    5.30 home, start the home duties inc washing clothes, cleaning house and cooking dinner
    7.30pm kids bedtime
    8pm Study (I go to uni fulltime)
    10-11pm whined down to try to fall asleep

Wake up and do it again

Sometimes I excercise twice a day, it replaces some of the study. I excercise everyday.

When people tell me how I do it.... I do it because I wanted to change..! I have lost 30pounds now, 13 weeks into this new journey and feeling fantastic!! The energy is unreal.

If you want some help or motivation, add me :-)

Ask yourself if you do?
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If you're eating unhealthy foods and you're overweight; you have health issues. They just haven't come full circle yet. Eventually, this cycle will catch up with you.
  • ranchorunner
    Options
    Poesch77 took the words right out of my mouth. I have 3 kids and a demanding career. I workout 6 days a week because I MAKE MYSELF DO IT and believe me there are days I'm like, "why?" The answer is, it makes me feel great afterwards and helps me sleep well. Get up at 5:30 for now and soon your kids will be old enough to leave for an hour to go for a walk, then a jog, then a run. I was 233 pounds at one time (a long time ago) and now I'm 137 (I recently lost a nagging 15 pounds). It can be done...I'm 49 and my children are 11, 12 and 21. Sweetie YOU CAN DO IT ONCE AND FOR ALL...I PROMISE!!!
    One step and one pound at a time...don't look at what you need to lose, focus on small goals. Good luck!!!