A bit OT but looking for others w/ a Paragaurd IUD

Options
Hey all, not sure if this is the besst place to post but just wondering if any other ladies have the Paragaurd IUD birthcontrol? I have had mine for going on 7 years, (it is good for 10 years) and for the last week it has been causing me extreme pain. Actually it started out as discomfort but has moved on to be full blown pain today- extending down my leg. I can not take any hormal BC due to the way by body reacts to it but I am thinking this thing is going ot have to go sooner then scheduled :grumble:

Just kinda curious is any one else has had a not so great experiance, everything I find on line talks about discomfort right after placement- not 7 years in :noway:

Replies

• Osbournca
    Osbournca Posts: 5
    Options
    I have one and I have never had a problem. Please make an appointment with your doctor, complications can arise anytime but are more common shortly after placement. Your doctor is the only one who can evaluate what is going on and what can be done. Good luck, I hope you will keep me posted.
  • corgisncollies
    corgisncollies Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just got my Paraguard removed. It IS possible for them to become embedded, so if you are having pain, I would definitely go see the doctor. I had mine removed after 4 years for fear of having complications... I had no reason to worry about it, I just didn't feel comfortable leaving it in that long.
  • Anne124
    Anne124 Posts: 2
    Options
    I would definitely get it checked by a doctor ASAP. Better to be safe than sorry. I use the Sypto thermal method of family planning. Safe, natural and as effective as the oral contraceptive pill. I've been using this method for 12 years. No unplanned pregnancies, can't promote it enough!! Good luck. :-)
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I would definitely get it checked by a doctor ASAP. Better to be safe than sorry. I use the Sypto thermal method of family planning. Safe, natural and as effective as the oral contraceptive pill. I've been using this method for 12 years. No unplanned pregnancies, can't promote it enough!! Good luck. :-)

I am not willing to use something like that as when we used the temp to get preg mine had a VERY small change- like less then .5 degree and that could happen at anytime- and I have kids with a chronic illness that they believe is gentetic- I can not put another child through that- but will find something!!!