Any advice would be great :) <3 thank you.

Options
Hello :) My name is Carol and I am from New Zealand
I used to weight 69.0kgs but since I joined the gym in March I have (hopefully if my weight machine is not broken) gone down to 64.0kgs

I go gym 6 days a week while doing Cardio/Strength Training
But I believe that with all of this hard effort I should be way skinnier right now..

I do diet... no wait.. wouldn't call it a diet. I eat healthy now, :) no sodas, or sweets, or fatty food
And I have been doing it for months
I do struggle
But what could I be doing wrong? Or is this pace normal?
There is a lady that goes to my gym... she worked out for 8 weeks (we were the same weight) and went down to 64kgs in 8 weeks, which is only two months.

Truthfully, I work out hard. I am exhausted.. do I keep doing this?
Can I change anything?
I had bought diet pills, but something in me said I should just work out by my means,no artificialness. Unless anyone suggest me trying it?

Thank you all very much
I hope somebody can give me a little advice.

-Carol

Replies

• corgisncollies
    corgisncollies Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't know the conversion between pounds and kilograms, so I don't know how much you have lost, but I am losing very slowly, too. I lost 25 pounds last year (in the entire year) and 13 so far this year. I should be losing much faster, but I have not been strict enough on my diet and exercise, so I'm losing slower.

Are you drinking enough water? I struggle with drinking water, which is why I am asking.
    Are your portion sizes in control? How much you eat is just as important as what you eat.
    Are you eating too little? If you are under 1200 calories a day, you could be putting your body into starvation mode, which is going to cause you to hold on to weight.

Personally, I would stay away from diet pills. I tried one once and it made me sick, so I am leary of them. I'm not sure about in New Zealand, but here in the United States, supplements are not regulated by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).

Not sure if I was any help or not, but I wanted you to know that you are not alone.
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Do you change up what you do each time you go? Perhaps your body is getting used to the level of exercise you're doing?

It may also help to log everything in your diary here, sometimes things we eat have hidden surprises in carbs, cals or sodium that could be preventing you from reaching your goal.

When all is said and done, any weight loss is good, just keep at it :)
  • Fat_to_muscles
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!! :) I think that 5 kilos in about 3 months is completely normal. I don't know how tall you are, but with a weight like yours my guess is that you're probably not overweight, so it's normal that you don't lose your weight super quickly. Actually, when you lose it at his pace, it's quite likely that you will actually keep it off instead of gaining again as soon as you eat a bit more. More importantly, you are probaby gaining muscle with all the working out you're doing, meaning that you may not lose all that much weight, but you probably do look a lot more toned and are losing centimeters. I started in January at 68 kilos, I'm now 62 kilos, so I lost it very slowly too, but I'm more strong, toned, and fit than I have ever been when I weighed 58 kilos for example.

Hope this helps :)
  • Symphony2
    Symphony2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Everyone loses weight at a different pace - never compare yourself to anybody else - just keep checking that the numbers are still going down. If it's too slow, have a look at the balance in your diet. You can eat all the healthy food you want but if the balance isn't right then you won't kick the pounds. For example, if you eat nothing but fruit and vegetables you won't lose any weight after the first couple of weeks because you're just carb-loading all the time. Make sure you're eating enough fat - an egg and a full-fat yogurt per day is about right. Fat is absolutely essential and if you're going fat-free then your body will not respond. Try a couple of days per week very heavily protein-based - no fruit, veg or any type of carbs at all, healthy or not! If you work out a lot at the same time then your body desperately needs this protein boost and it'll benefit you in every way!

At the gym, what weights are you using? Most women I see at the gym are working with weights that are much too light. Your arms should be falling off after the 8th rep - and you should be really struggling to do 10! If not - then your weights are too light. Remember, women do NOT BUILD MUSCLE - it's physically impossible, so ditch all that rubbish, pick up the heaviest weights that you can find and manage and that's what you should be using - it'll shorten your time at the gym with quicker results.

Do you change up your cardio every time you go? It should be different every time. Change, not only the intervals, but the way you set up the intervals - do some tempo-training, do some speed intervals, another day use the incline, one day do slow and steady ......

And if you're doing all that, then your body is just happy to lose as it is and doesn't want to go any faster. Trust it!

Hope this helps - sounds like you're doing a great job and you haven't lots left to lose so the loss will naturally slow down. Remember that if you're very fit already from frequent gym training, then your body is used to this exercise so will start to count it as a normal state rather than a calorie-burn. This is why you need to make big changes at the gym end - combined with nutritional 'boosts'!

x