Need more exercises

any one get a good workout for the abs and butt:bigsmile:

Replies

• any one get a good workout for the abs and butt:bigsmile:
  • Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    I just bought a stability ball. It is a big, sturdy beach ball that you lay on while doing crunches, lifting dumbells, or special stabilty ball moves. The effort to keep your balance is supposed to work your abs and back as you do the other exercises. Too early to tell its effect on me.

Search Youtube for "stability ball" for lots of routines.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Crunches, sit ups, twisting sit ups, frog kicks and what I call 'side bends' (leaning side to side with 25lb dumbells) are what I do at the moment. Not to sure for your butt. That should get pretty taut with stair climbing, leg curls and treadmill. :wink:

Be VERY careful of the stability balls. I watched a thing on the news last week. Aside from abdominal exercises, you can do weight exercises as well. This guy had been doing presses with a 60lb dumbell in each hand. The ball suddenly collapsed and he SNAPPED both his forearms!!!

There are quality balls that, when punctured, do not burst like a balloon, but will let the air out slowly like a punctured tire. It would be well worth the extra couple of bucks.
  • any one get a good workout for the abs and butt:bigsmile:

I have this OLD-SCHOOL 8 minute abs and buns workout and it is a KILLER. I do not think they sell it in the stores anymore, but you could check amazon.com for a used version. Just 16 MINUTES!!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Here's a video for you - free too:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=823

If you are familiar with yoga, you can do bridge for a very long time. Your butt will ache.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    any one get a good workout for the abs and butt:bigsmile:

I found this great article yesterday while looking for some good exercise advice to use at the gym (for free!) It has some good advice in general, but does address that abs/glute issue we all struggle with.

http://www.fatburn.com/article_show.asp?article_id=28

~cmriverside