Any 5'5" females who need to or have already lost 30-40 lbs?

Options

Replies

• itchyfeet88
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I've lost 38lbs, about the same again to go! Sometimes I feel like I can tell the difference but most of the time I just think I look exactly the same as I did when I started! Do other people get this too?
    tumblr_m5gip8REzs1r7m7fyo1_500.png
  • deborahjr
    deborahjr Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'd love anyone here to add me, i get really motivated by people the same height with similar amounts to lose. I would also be interested to know what everyone is aiming at...weight wise, as we are all the same height but builds vary massively. I'm 159.5 at the moment and aiming for 130ish as I have a fairly small frame...but i have NO idea how i will look at that weight as I have never been below 150 my entire adult life...but i'm excited to find out!!!
  • deborahjr
    deborahjr Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I've lost 38lbs, about the same again to go! Sometimes I feel like I can tell the difference but most of the time I just think I look exactly the same as I did when I started! Do other people get this too?
    tumblr_m5gip8REzs1r7m7fyo1_500.png

you look great and i can see a huge difference. But I feel the same way most of the time, I can't tell the difference between when I am 200lbs and when I am 150lbs... it's a problem!!
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Im 5'5, lost 14 lbs so far, got another 14 at least to go. Love to see the progress of people, especially those of the same height as it's an excellent comparison....anyone feel free to add me, the more friends/encouragement, the better :flowerforyou:
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and I lost 30 pounds before joining MFP.

This. I lost 36 pounds, gained some of it back on last Christmas, and have lost that again. Now I would like to lose about 20 more. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, just turned 40, and had lost about 35 pounds, but the scale has slid upwards a bit since going on maintenance, upping calories and adding strength training.

b-a.jpg

IMG_8036-copy.jpg

I wish I had a picture of my backside before I lost weight. I was already down about 20 pounds when the first one was taken.

butt-update-may.jpg

And I can't really see the weight I gained since going on maintenance. :smile:

front-update-july-may.jpg
  • cassmonster
    cassmonster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5".....highest weight was 240lbs.....got down to 175lbs.....currently at 190lbs...and would LOVE to weigh 140lbs!!!! Feel free to add me.....it is a day to day struggle for me....support is GREAT!!! We can do this!!!!!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" (and a half), lost 28 lbs. and currently on maintenance. I don't really have any before pics, cuz I HATE having my picture taken. I've been maintaining for 3-4 months now. Oh, and I'll be 49 next month, so any age can do it!
  • ibbruce1990
    ibbruce1990 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and 5’3” my issue is the fact that I cannot get in the grove and stay there. I started out at 171 and did good for a while down to 162 but could not move past that point. Now back up in the 170s (I cannot bring myself to stand on the scales today) I’ve been on MFP off and on for a few months, back to in the grove statement. I will be focusing more on the task, summer is here… but I agree one of these days the weight has to go.
  • marie_8888
    marie_8888 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4", HW: 165+, CW: 139, I've lost weight doing a colon cleanse program and then I joined MFP after I found out I was lactose intolerant at my last doctor's appointment. Since then, I've lost another 12lbs easily, now I'm battling agains the last stubborn pounds, I don't really know what my GW is, all I know is I want more muscle and less fat! Fell free to add me all of you, I'll try to add as many before/after pictures as I can find as soon as I'm done with finals :)
  • mom2gar
    mom2gar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Love seeing all the 5'5" success Ladies!!' woohoo! Looking good and sexy, keep it up.
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" at goal but i want to lose another 5 or 10 pounds because of my running.
  • brindamahindra
    brindamahindra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5' 6" and have lost 38 lbs..I've now got another 25 lbs to go....be happy to add you. :smile:
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    5'5" and lost nearly 40.. still have 10-20 more to go.. feel free to add me.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'5". My starting weight in February of 2007 after having my daughter was 272. I am now at 203. I have come to far but that last 30-40 pounds is what is got me really pushing. I am so close. The last time I weighed in under 200 was before I had my 15-year-old. I have had some major pitfalls but also some major motivation along the way, including meeting Bob Harper. Keep going and never give up!!
  • cprys8942
    cprys8942 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone sorry it's taken me this long to write back! It's so nice meeting all of you, feel free to add me for those who already haven't(:
  • kariebo
    kariebo Posts: 101
    Options
    I am 5'5 and looking to lose 40 pounds... or 50 :) . So far I lost 9... which i can definitely see the difference... but I am struggling going back and forth with about 3 pounds before i can lose more weight -- I have a 3 month old at home that I nurse and I find my energy and mood (and milk production) are affected if I cut back too much or exercise too much... its slow going while I figure it out, but ill get there!! Feel free to add me, dont have any progress pics of me on here yet.. they are on my phone though for 'encouragement' :)
  • Empressmee
    Empressmee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 my starting weight was 206 I'm down to 199 I'd like to lose another 20lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • CourtLiv
    CourtLiv Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5"...Had my second son on Thanksgiving in 2009, two months after I started my quest to lose...I lost 79 lbs between Jan and Sept of 2010, have maintained within 5 lbs (either higher or lower) ever since.

I sustained a TBI this past December and was just cleared to be active again, trying to regain the muscle I lost while down and out...I'm here if anyone needs a friend!
  • mrswarrick
    mrswarrick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 3/4". But I round up to 5'5"! :) I would like to lose at least 20 lbs, but 30 would be more like it. The lowest I've ever been was 137 lbs 10 years ago when I met my husband. I was younger then and it was easier for me to lose weight. I am committed to this journey and by logging into MFP and doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution videos. I also try to walk at work on lunch breaks when I can..keep moving! For me exercise is key to losing weight and most importantly feeling better.
    Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!