looking for low-carb dieting and encouraging friends :)

Options
I'm a 28 yr old female, doing the hard-core low carb diet, trying to get my initial 40 lbs off but THIS TIME I WANT TO KEEP IT OFF. I'm always looking for new recipes and thiings to snack on because this diet gets sooooo boring!
***Also, does anyone know what to do to maintain my weight once I'm done low-carbing? Because I can't go the rest of my life without anything sweet :)

Replies

• rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me.

I have low carbed before and lost 70 pounds.

I am back from America and I am back on the low carbing to lose the 30 pounds I gained.

My meals are pretty boring because I am in between moving houses currently but they get better.

You can go back to eating carbs when you are at your maintenance. Just watch your calories. Problem with low carbing is you will gain some water weight back as soon as you start eating carbs again.
  • HealthyNatalie1
    Options
    I'm "lower" carbing. I found out I eat about 200-220 carbs a day, and I'm cutting it in half...so under 100 each day. Feel free to add.
  • Notorious_T
    Notorious_T Posts: 384
    Options
    I LOVE doing a low carb diet, def works for me and I feel better doing it :) I lost over 40lbs in 3 months before

feel free to add me
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm "lower" carbing. I found out I eat about 200-220 carbs a day, and I'm cutting it in half...so under 100 each day. Feel free to add.
    I did atkins about 10 years ago and lost 60lbs. I actually didn't gain it all back right away that happened with pregnancy lol. But my main question is does cutting back significantly help a lot? Or to get the results fast do you have to drastically change your carb intake like atkins? Thanks
  • JessicaCBranch
    JessicaCBranch Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The only diet I had ever tried was low-carb and it worked great!!! But once I met my goal weight and started eating carbs again, I gained it all back + some. Sooooo at the beginning of this year I tried the cut-back diet, eating half of everything I would normally eat and saw NO results at all within the first month....I'm guessing after some time of doing that faithfully it would start to come off but when I'm in the zone, I'm in the zone!!! And can lose focus quickly if I don't see results, that's why I choose this again because I know it works........I just want some tips on how to keep it off this time!! Good luck!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I did the 17 day diet which doesnt allow carbs after 2. I still pretty much stick to that, I highly recommend it!
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I definately fit both criteria. My diary is public. Sending FR now
  • agerena007
    agerena007 Posts: 51
    Options
    Sweety as far as this low carbs diet I can't say I know much about, because I'm trying to look for the same thing. What a mission! But I can offer my support. Feel free to add me.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    When I hit the 20lbs lost point, I cut my carbs in half. I lost 5 more pounds, and have 15 to go. Feel free to add me!
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I love living low carb. I dont watch my calories at all and I have lost 17 pounds in the last 6 weeks. I feel better then I ever have and the binge eating and cravings that I used to SUFFER from have gone away completely. I highly recommend low carb to everyone.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I eat very low carbs /high protein/low sodium but I do eat some carbs as I don`t believe in cutting out things entirely because I want to carry on eating this way all the time and not see it as a `diet` because that`s when things go wrong.

Every so often I have a high carb low protein day. Gain a little water weight and then after a few days I seem to lose a little than I was before the carb day.

You are welcome to add me if you want :-)
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    As for keeping it off, it basically has to be a life style change, At least thats the way I see it.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Iv been trying to cut carbs down which I think I'm doing pretty good would also love some tips and advice about low carb iv recently trying to do a high protein and low carb diet. Most of my carbs are coming from veggies and fruit.. But I do
    Eat bread some times (whole wheat) occasionally.
  • TheFatWacker
    TheFatWacker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I have tried low carbing in the past. Everyone in my family gains weight very easily (if we look at food we gain weight haha)

The diet that has worked the best for me is incorporating complex carbs so that I have some energy while I'm dieting.
    One of my saving graces has been a breakfast of (1/4 cup steel cut oats with 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries with as much cinnamon and splenda as you like) P\pair that with an egg on the side. It is a higher calorie breakfast but it sticks with you for a long time- keeping away the cravings.

Feel free to add me as a friend!

Have a great day!
    Lindsey
  • JessicaCBranch
    JessicaCBranch Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat very low carbs /high protein/low sodium but I do eat some carbs as I don`t believe in cutting out things entirely because I want to carry on eating this way all the time and not see it as a `diet` because that`s when things go wrong.

Every so often I have a high carb low protein day. Gain a little water weight and then after a few days I seem to lose a little than I was before the carb day.

You are welcome to add me if you want :-)

Very good point and great way of looking at it :) Send FR now......
  • summer_tyme
    summer_tyme Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Several years ago I did Atkins and lost 65 lbs in about 3 months. I kept the weight off for about 4 years pretty effortlessly by carb cycling. I ate low carb for 2-3 days then ate anything I wanted for 1-2 days (just depending on my moods). I have recently gained back 30 of those pounds but I have been eating ridiculous and I KNOW it has been ridiculous!!

Anyway, that's my story. I am back on low carb now to lose the went I gained back and will return to carb cycling when I lose the weight because that is what works for me. Good luck and feel free to add me for support.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb in the form of not eating any grains and eating more veggies and less fruit to lose the last 5 lb. But I plan on continuing with it as it has helped me considerably in energy, cravings, and PMS. But when I reach my weight loss, I'll just up my fruit intake and maybe add back milk as opposed to almond/coconut milk more than likely. But figure out a way to adjust it to a lifestyle change, as mentioned before, so that you can prevent the awesome weight loss you are going to achieve.