How to Boost Confidence

Options
The first motivation killer is a lack of confidence. When this happens to me, it’s usually because I’m focusing entirely on what I want and neglecting what I already have. When you only think about what you want, your mind creates explanations for why you aren’t getting it. This creates negative thoughts. Past failures, bad breaks, and personal weaknesses dominate your mind. You become jealous of your competitors and start making excuses for why you can’t succeed. In this state, you tend to make a bad impression, assume the worst about others, and lose self confidence.

The way to get out of this thought pattern is to focus on gratitude. Set aside time to focus on everything positive in your life. Make a mental list of your strengths, past successes, and current advantages. We tend to take our strengths for granted and dwell on our failures. By making an effort to feel grateful, you’ll realize how competent and successful you already are. This will rejuvenate your confidence and get you motivated to build on your current success.

It might sound strange that repeating things you already know can improve your mindset, but it’s amazingly effective. The mind distorts reality to confirm what it wants to believe. The more negatively you think, the more examples your mind will discover to confirm that belief. When you truly believe that you deserve success, your mind will generate ways to achieve it. The best way to bring success to yourself is to genuinely desire to create value for the rest of the world

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful. I really like your way of thinking.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    this is awesome!
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    Fantastic post. Definitely something to share, and what we all need to remember along the way! Thank you!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for motivating me.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    bump for later
  • SocialRopes
    SocialRopes Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    this was a great read first thing in the morning ~ we could all use this reminder. thank you!
  • brendajester03
    Options
    You don't know how much I needed to hear that this morning. Not on my weight loss journey but in another area of my life. Thanks for sharing your heart today!
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Thanks you for these wise words! :smile:
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Bumping for later.
  • CLSostarich
    Options
    Great advice, thank you!
  • askinnychitwood
    askinnychitwood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational message! Sometimes we forget way to easily and remember way to much.
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    Beautiful post! Very wise words... we should all follow this path.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    That's a great post. Thank you for posting it.

And you are absolutely right.
  • JuicyGem_x
    Options
    thank you :)
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Wow! I couldn't agree with u more!! One of my favorite sayings is "visualize and realize!!"....I fully beleive in the power of positive thinking!! I wouldn't be where I was today without it!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder! You always post such great things!