NSV - C25K

Options
lodicox7
lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
Had a NSV tonight. I actually was able to complete the dreaded C25K Week 5 day 3 run on my first try! For those unfamiliar, this is a 5 minute warm up, 20 straight minutes of running, and a 5 minute cool down. I actually ran 21 minutes and did it at a 5 mph pace, and I wasn't completely dead tired when I was done!

I have NEVER in my life been a runner so I'm really excited and proud that I was able to complete this run segment. I really feel like I can finish this entire program now, and I can wait to do it!

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    this is really awesome! you now can do more than 99% of the public. You should be super proud of yourself. You will hit 5k in no time!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I feel you!! I've been doing the program and remember when I finished that 20 minute run I felt like I could take over the world! My next battle is W6D3 where it's a 25 minute run. I hope you succeed finishing the program in a month!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Congrats!!.. My son and I are also doing C25K and are in week 7. We had to celebrate after that dreaded week 5 day 3 run! I am still in shock that we can run for 20-25 minutes without stopping!
  • robmaguire1
    robmaguire1 Posts: 111
    Options
    Congrats!! It's a great accomplishment. Keep up the good work.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I did Week 5 Day 3 on Monday 11th June (AT 6AM) (Week 6 day 2 tonight) I loved the feeling when I'd finished.

Feel free to add me to see how we get on :)

PS I've already done one 5k fun run/walk my time was 36 mins...
  • 4d9r
    4d9r Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am a week behind you, and am looking forward to that particular day with a mild case of panic alternating with an "Of course I will be able to do it!" attitude. Awesome job, makes me think maybe I'll survive it, too! :-D
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :drinker:

I successfully completed w5d3 on Monday. I tried to find every excuse not to (it was raining, I was tired, I was hungry), and when I ran out of excuses, I just ran! :bigsmile: It was such a fantastic feeling. This is my second time through the program. I had to stop during the middle of week 7 last October because of a fractured ankle. I restarted the program in May after getting the all-clear from my doctor and am looking forward to running my first 5K race on July 20.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :drinker:

I successfully completed w5d3 on Monday. I tried to find every excuse not to (it was raining, I was tired, I was hungry), and when I ran out of excuses, I just ran! :bigsmile: It was such a fantastic feeling. This is my second time through the program. I had to stop during the middle of week 7 last October because of a fractured ankle. I restarted the program in May after getting the all-clear from my doctor and am looking forward to running my first 5K race on July 20.

I did one last week..... you'll love it.... the weather was rubbish and it was off road too. Try running when it's raining HARD, it's a really good feeling and showing yourself commimment.

Looks like we did W5D3 on the same day too. :)
  • happyfrogg
    happyfrogg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is such an accomplishment. I'm doing week 5 right now, with day 3 on Friday. I'm also alternating between confidence and terror. I can't wait to join your ranks. :D Keep up the awesome work!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Such a big accomplishment!
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I've gotta say, one of the biggest things that motivated me to finish was knowing that I would be able to come home and let the MFP world know that I did it! Congrats to everyone who has made it past this point in the program, and good luck to everyone that's approaching w5d3. If I can do it, you can do it! :)

Feeling so good about it. If I can run 20 minutes now, 30 after another 4 weeks of training will be a breeze! :D
  • dobberloon
    dobberloon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am about to head out for W7D1 run. I am 57 years old and have NEVER been a runner. Now I look forward to it. I've learned the hard way how important giving my body a day or two off to rest is. It took months to recover from Achilles tendinitis the first time I tried C25K two years ago. My ultimate goal? The Minneapolis YWCA sprint triathalon on August 12th. Gotta work on my swimming.... :):happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!