really weird and had to share....

Options
So it’s kind of a long story but I will try to shorten it and still have it make sense….
My best friend, Estrella, died of leukemia when I was 11…that’s 15 years ago…. Recently I have been trying to find old friends on facebook and have been having no luck finding several of my elementary school buds. One of which was a best friend of the one who died. Anyway, I kept thinking last week that if Estrella was still alive finding these girls would be easy because they all would be on her facebook….i know impossible right?

WRONG! I woke up this morning and checked my facebook and WTF!?? There is a friend request from Estrella! She has been gone now 15 years! Is this some kind of sick joke? Well I add her and look up her friends, and there they all are! Every single person I have been searching for! Im in total shock right now….
I know it must be a family member who is doing this facebook, but I am sooooo weirded out I don’t know what to think…but I really want to cry…

Replies

• JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That is really weird, is it a memorial/or fan page possibly? not an actual person? Maybe send a friend request to your mutual friend, and see if she can answer some of your questions....
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i did she hasnt responded yet, its just so weird...how eventhough shes gone shes still here....
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    tell us what happened ok? It seems sort of like a sick joke! But maybe it isn't....
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    maybe it's just a 'in memory' page, hope it's not some fun game for one sick person!
  • neenaleigh
    Options
    i doubt now that it is a joke, im pretty sure her mom is running it, i just thought it was so weird how i was just thinking that she could find these people if she were alive, and then all of a sudden there she is and there they are....its like dejavu but waaay different.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I've wondered about such things, because I found a facebook page for someone I know (who is alive) and it has her picture and some info about her, however, she didn't make the page. She had no idea why there was a facebook page for her.
  • debbert
    debbert Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the Law of Attraction at work here. Parents never get over the loss of a child so I would guess it's a tribute to her memory. It probably brings them so comfort to know that she is not forgotten, but talk about a coincidence.
  • neenaleigh
    Options
    Sounds like the Law of Attraction at work here. Parents never get over the loss of a child so I would guess it's a tribute to her memory. It probably brings them so comfort to know that she is not forgotten, but talk about a coincidence.

THATS EXACTLY WHAT IM SAYING...thank you for putting it into better words....