Bad choices???

Options
Okay, so I'm just getting back from lunch where I was faced with an interesting dilemma...

I was offered a doughnut...yummy, fluffy, raised-glazed doughnut...FRESH!!!! So I chose to eat it instead of my apple. I haven't gone over my caloric allotment for the day, but nutrionally, I'm not going to kid myelf...the doughnut is sinking right to my *kitten* as I type.

What do you do when you are faced with these situations?

Replies

• jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Forget about it and continue as if it never happened =]
  • brwnsgr
    Options
    I agree with Jazzy, I made some bad choices today as well, but I have all week to work it off before I weigh on Saturday. I'm never going to deprive myself of the things I like, I will just do better the next time.

Tay
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    a calorie is a calorie, move on, don't let it pick what you will eat the rest of the day!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Just move on. We all slip up just don't let it ruin your day. Besides one sweet treat won't do that mush damage as long as you do it in moderation.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I log that bad boy!! Once I see it logged :noway: I do NOT want one for another month or two!

:heart:
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Oh man I used to love hot, fresh doughnuts.

I log everything in. Seeing it there makes me realize how badly I did. I used to get down on myself and run myself ragged on cardio the same or next day. But now I just stick to my routine and remind myself it can happen, but I can say NO.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    oh yeah I know those choices ! I went to get gas at 7-11 and ended up with a buffalo chicken taquito!

lol funny though that those are in this database! Man this site rocks! haha :flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    oh yeah I know those choices ! I went to get gas at 7-11 and ended up with a buffalo chicken taquito!

lol funny though that those are in this database! Man this site rocks! haha :flowerforyou:

Oh my gosh, now THAT cracks me up!!!! LOL!!!:laugh:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I think it is ok yo make bad choices every once in a while as long as you are able to admit it is a bad choice and are willing to deal with the consequences. I think the worst thing we can do is fool ourselves and I don't know about you but no one can rationalize chocolate and wine as well as I can :laugh:

I think in this case you thought about the decision at hand, and after "weighing" your options decided the donut was worth it. So good for you. Nothing wrong with that. Was it a good donut?:smile:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I think it is ok yo make bad choices every once in a while as long as you are able to admit it is a bad choice and are willing to deal with the consequences. I think the worst thing we can do is fool ourselves and I don't know about you but no one can rationalize chocolate and wine as well as I can :laugh:

I think in this case you thought about the decision at hand, and after "weighing" your options decided the donut was worth it. So good for you. Nothing wrong with that. Was it a good donut?:smile:

Oh it WAS a good donut!...But after 3 months of making bad choices..., and putting on 6 pounds, I think I need a reality check on my "justifications!!! :laugh:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    bump