starting to get discouraged again

Options
2»

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to learn what to eat. You say you have been big since you were 5 or 6. So I'm guessing you didn't really eat healthy from childhood.
    Give veggies a go you may learn to love them.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    i already have tried veggies :P ive been trying them for years and i jsut cannot stomach them!! but i am going to eat more fruit
  • wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    eee all I can think of is what would you prefer? To learn to love vegies or to have to carry around a colostomy bag when you're 50.
  • Lahdidahdah
    Options
    Losing weight is 80% food and 20% exercise. You can be eating 1000 calories of vegetables and lean protein and exercising, or you could be eating 1000 calories of ice cream and nachos and exercising. With one, you will lose weight, with the other, you will not. I haven't looked at your diary, but I know from my own personal experience that if I eat fats like cheese and burgers, I don't lose weight, regardless of how much I exercise. Hang in there!
  • jgkoutr
    jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
    Options
    well i cant thinnk this will help me forgive ur nastyness because that really upset me, before u commented i was actually in the process of writing down recipes for fruit smoothies and i dont need to eat veg im taking vitamins because i have an eye condition that means i need them (because i dont like veg i substitue) but thankyou for your help

I was just about to recommend putting your veggies and fruits in a smoothie add vanilla whey protien sweeten it with splenda or honey ...I use a ninja so that everything comes out smooth and yummy...I eat fruits and veggies but it just helps me to get in the recommended amount and helps me keep my protien levels up. This is a journey, a process, do thing one step at a time...otherwise you wil become overwhelmed and give up...so take one bad habit this week and replace it with one of the good ones...and keep adding a new habit each week....and ignore the ugly posters/comments...that would have set me back too...
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    ok thankyou i get it im getting a blender tonight and will start my FRUIT smoothies tomorrow and bear in mind i am getting the vit and mins i need im taking vit and min tablets
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    What all veggies have you tried if you don't mind me asking?

It may be the way you are preparing them as well. No rule says you can add a lil seasoning or prepare it a different way. If you like chicken, grill the chicken and use the same seasoning you use on your chicken to season your veggies. Grilling them together combines the flavors and you may get an unexpected surprise.

Also, you may just not like the taste of canned veggies. Fresh is always better tasting and better for you.
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Oh an not to discount the fact that you take supplements to replace your vitamins, but I promise that a couple of servings of vegetable will make you feel much fuller than a couple of pills.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    my other half has made me try all veg that im aware of haha and my mum got me to try them in a stew where they were pratically mush but i just couldnt enjoy them

im just odd :P