gained a pound but feel bloated - not enough water??

Options
Hi everyone, im so annoyed with myself, i weighed myself this morning and have gained a pound :-( and i was doing so well! i feel really bloated today though so trying to drink more but wondered whether that may be why? i work out regulary (aim for at least 4 times a week) and have tried to be careful with what a eat.

I suppose im panicing that the weight is going to stop coming off and i am really determined to lose this flab!

I was wondering whether more experienced peeps could check my food and exercise diary to see if i am going wrong anywhere?

just for info, im 5ft 1

thanks everyone

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to get very far if you obsess over every minor fluctuation.
  • leannerob1984
    leannerob1984 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i dont normally but just wanted to make sure i was doing this right really, and whether what im eating and the exercises i do were correct or whether i need to make adjustments. Im quite new to this so want to ideally get off on the right foot x
  • ninakale
    ninakale Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing this morning. Last week was down to 127, then the weekend hit, was up to 129 (figured water weight) and this morning 130. That made me very depressed, but you can't let that number get you down too much. I, too, am feeling very bloated today, so I am going to make an effort to drink more water, eat a nice salad for lunch and just generally stick to my calories today. Check tomorrow and see how it goes. It is a work in progress. I have added a new cereal to my diet, and I am thinking the fiber is bloating me some. Have you made a recent change to your diet routine?
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    If you are female your weight will increase from water retention due to your menstrual cycle coming up.
  • leannerob1984
    leannerob1984 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, not really made any changes, i have to eat bran (all bran, not flakes apparently) every day as i suffer from IBS so have to keep my fibre intake consistent, not great as this wipes out nearly all my fibre allowance for the day but its do-able most days.

i try to have salads or fruit for my lunch to limit carbs then have my normal meal in the evenings - i like to eat with my children and partner so try something that suits us all, which i didnt think was a problem as most of the time its quite healthy.

hopefully its just water retention and should settle itself in a day or two