Weight loss frustration - no motivation

Options
I'm super frustrated - and I feel like people just think I'm whining. But I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I may have burned myself out? I thought that it was just because I forgot to take my vitamin D for three days in a row, and my mood just dropped, but I just don't feel motivated to get up and work out the same way that I used to. I don't have any support from my family, they eat crap all day long and don't exercise. My friends all live in other states, so I work out alone, and I.. just feel defeated. I can't seem the drop the weight and I've been on this weight loss journey for almost two years (Jan 2013 will make the 2 year mark). I just feel like this is pointless anymore. I'm good at motivating others - so why can I just not motivate myself?

Replies

• cmlewis86
    cmlewis86 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You feel like this is pointless? Hello, you have lost 71lbs! That is incredible. Look how far you have come in two years. We are all entitled to have a day in the blues so have what I call a "me" day. Rest, take a nap, get a pedicure, read a book, do whatever makes you happy (other than eat all day). Then get up tomorrow and get back at it. 71 lbs is too big of an accomplishment to turn back now!
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, except I've been at this for a few months, not years, and I don't have 71 lbs lost to show for it. Bottom line with me is that if I don't exercise, the weight will not come off. I've proven that with my crappy 8lb loss in almost 3 months. I think you need to ask yourself how badly you want this.... If the answer is that you want this sooooo bad you can taste it, then you gotta change your thinking.

Today I'm changing mine. No more sitting on the couch when I get home, unless I have put in 30 minutes of exercise of some sort.

I know we don't live near each other, but maybe we can still help each other. xoxo And I agree with the "Me" day. But then start fresh tomorrow and push yourself until you get back into it again. Even if it's going for a walk.