New to MFP and have a 50+ weight loss goal

Options
Hi -- I am a 45 year old life coach, professor and mom of two in NJ. I am looking for several people to talk to regularly who have similar goals. I am about 50 lbs overweight and it is complicated by my fibromyalgia. I have recently changed my diet to a modified paleo/gluten free and the fibro symptoms are improving. I have been overweight for about 10 years but always had to work hard to maintain a normal weight prior to that. I get frustrated and definitely turn to food for comfort and mood balance. I like this site and I am eager to meet a few people on here.

Replies

• Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've been on MFP for about three months, and continue to look for more friends for motivation and mutual support. I'm down about 20 lbs so far - but have about 45 to go for my goal. My wife is doing gluten-free, so I'm familiar with some of your diet mods there!! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • countrycarrie31
    Options
    Welcome! I am a newbie too and also have fibromyalgia. Wishing you the best in reaching your goal! :)
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    HI-- I am Tara and I am also looking for a few dedicated buddies to keep me motived. Together we can achieve our goals. I am 34 with a two year old son so my work out and exercise time is very limitted. MFP has been great. I have been using it since May and I have seen results when I was truely committed. My first 20 days got rid of 5lbs which thrilled me-- but the scale tipped backwards and I got discouraged. I want to lost 30lbs!! most of it is really belly fat. Disgusting. Anyway-- its about action. SO lets get to shedding unwanted fat. Best of luck. Add me!!
  • Glenda0707
    Glenda0707 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi, I'm Glenda and have lots to lose as well! I am approaching my 51st birthday soon and want to lead a healthier life. I would love to have some friends on MFP to keep my honest and motivated! I will do the same for you! Friend me!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Tonya. I am a 41 year old female i need to lose 50lbs. My baby is 17 so i cant use that as an excuse anymore! I just started using mfp and also have been doing 30 minutes a day on an elliptical trainer. I would like to get up to at least 45 minutes a day. I have lost 2- 3 lbs in the first 10 days so i am hopeful. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • db56
    db56 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am new also. I am 57 and want to lose 22 lbs. I started at curves last night. My trouble is finding foods that keep you feeling full.
  • nsalerno90
    nsalerno90 Posts: 68
    Options
    My baby is 15 -- you are right, that excuse has to go!! Thanks all -- I am so encouraged looking at all these names. I always have trouble keeping track of discussions on these boards - is there a way to establish a small group or a topic to keep it straight? It is a gray rainy morning in NJ but I have my sneakers on and am hitting the park for a long walk. . . I know I'll be happy at the end so updating my playlist and I am off.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Howdy, neighbor! I'm in S. Jersey and have a 50 pound goal, too. Feel free to friend me!
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Me - female/54 LOTS to lose but trying to focus on what I wil GAIN in the process!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hi there anyone feel free to add me if ud like
  • bcotton5
    bcotton5 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brandi, 34 from VA. I have way too much to lose! I am a teacher so I'm hoping to get my butt in gear over the summer since I'm not teaching summer school. I am going to China for 10 days and plan on attacking my problems when I get back.