Don't eat that!

Options
How do you stay away from your danger food? I LOVE peanut butter! MMMMM!!!! I'd eat the whole darn jar! GRR! So what I did was put a post it on it saying, you'll love me more if you don't eat me!

Replies

• rebecca2697
    rebecca2697 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    haha peanut butter is my # 1 weakness as well. I eat it like it's pudding! I have my roomate and/or parents actually hide it from me. I have tried to just say no, but honestly, outta sight, outta mind is the only way for me. Good luck!
  • Timothy2000
    Options
    My two downfalls and perhaps the worst are reubens and pizza.
  • Grate
    Grate Posts: 71
    Options
    toss it out of the house
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    don't buy it or buy it in individually wrapped portions (if you can find them) so that you have instant portion control.
  • samantha115
    Options
    I still eat it. Not as much as I use to but I do.

I say that but lately I cant get enough candy. Chocolate candy. I cant seem to stop myself. I think I need to see a hypnotist. Ugh!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I have Adam's crunchy almost every day for a snack with multi grain crackers. The trick is to eat just within your calorie range:) Peanut Butter is healthy, that's what I believe anyway:) and I just don't eat more than I should, most of the time;) You'll be fine and drink that water. It sure helps take away the food cravings. Plus, I like to eat 5 or 6 meals a day. Just smaller portions:) denise PS I know it takes awhile for me to form good eating habits but I don't have to deprive myself of anything I want to eat if I eat smart;) I use that food diary like my life depends on it. Sometimes I think it does, or my weight does at the very least:)
  • tazspastic
    tazspastic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter almost every day too... on an apple :) It's one of my favorite snacks! I think its healthy and its kind of a treat to me that i can look forward to.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I agree! Peanut butter can be a healthy source of protein. I eat it several times a week. One switch I did make was to a natural "Ingredients: peanuts" peanut butter. Yum.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on almond butter.

I have a serious addiction to chocolate and really all sweets. I never noticed until I started dieting. It's very hard for me to resist.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I eat organic peanut butter ( just peanuts) and apple as a snack often. It is healthy and very filling
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I say that but lately I cant get enough candy. Chocolate candy. I cant seem to stop myself. I think I need to see a hypnotist. Ugh!

i was thinking about hypnosis too..wonder if it works
  • tabbi187
    Options
    I like peanut butter and jelly. I get reduced fat peanut butter and only put 1 tbls instead of 2 so I still get a taste but not too much fat! =] its actually good for you but not too much of it!:flowerforyou:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options

i was thinking about hypnosis too..wonder if it works
    My friend did it for smoking, she hasn't smoked sinc the 80's
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    How do you stay away from your danger food? I LOVE peanut butter! MMMMM!!!! I'd eat the whole darn jar! GRR! So what I did was put a post it on it saying, you'll love me more if you don't eat me!

Sarabear have you tried Better'n Peanut Butter? http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/index.html its pricey, my local grocery store sells it for $5.99/jar but its only 100 calories & 2.5 grams of fat in 2 tbs and tastes great, its all natural, with no saturated fat (unlike reduced fat peanut butters like Jif). They have a chocolate variety that I spread on a kashi waffle for a quick, tasty & filling breakfast for only 180 calories :)

Also you can buy PB2 http://www.bellplantation.com/ which is a powdered peanut butter, that is again all-natural w/ no saturated fats and is 50 calories & 2 grams of fat for 2 tbs. I've tried mixing it with water to make a "butter" like it calls for but didnt like that, however I LOVE using it in cooking, I've added it to smoothies & cookies before and I know someone who used it in a thai peanut sauce instead of peanut butter and raved about it.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options

Sarabear have you tried Better'n Peanut Butter? http://www.betternpeanutbutter.com/index.html its pricey, my local grocery store sells it for $5.99/jar but its only 100 calories & 2.5 grams of fat in 2 tbs and tastes great, its all natural, with no saturated fat (unlike reduced fat peanut butters like Jif). They have a chocolate variety that I spread on a kashi waffle for a quick, tasty & filling breakfast for only 180 calories :)
    OMG...I LOVE BETTER'N PEANUT BUTTER....Its better than chocolate!!