My first time posting on this board, but such a great NSV

Options
Rilke
Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
Great and unexpected.

Yesterday I had to get a thyroid biopsy (it was awful, but whatever). The radiologist asked me what sports I play. I was like "erm, none, no natural grace" and he replied "Really? I ask because you are pretty muscular -- must do something." BAM! I told him it's all elliptical and biking. Pretty cool compliment.

Too bad he wasn't young, tall, dark and single. Or any of those things . . .

Replies

• lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an unexpected--and motivating!--NSV! And a good reminder to that it doesn't take anything extreme to make a big difference. Thanks for sharing.
  • mom2gar
    mom2gar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :) nice NSV.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats!

Is everything ok with the biopsy?
  • Rilke
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats!

Is everything ok with the biopsy?

Don't know the results yet, but it was a "just to make sure" sort of thing. Thank you for asking :)
  • moosetrap
    moosetrap Posts: 18
    Options
    That's incredible, Rilke! Way to go. I hope the biopsy turns out okay.
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good job-gives me hope because I hate using weights. :smile: I hope the biopsy turns out well too. I had one a few years ago it really hurt and got a headache afterward really bad for a few days. I still get mine checked every two years to see if there is any change. So far so good. Thryroid is nothing to mess with hugs.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    They NEVER are.....shame
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!!
  • spongebex
    spongebex Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Big congrats! What a great compliment!

(Ps. Hope the biopsy results are what you want them to be)
  • Rilke
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone.

eascolady -- I don't like weights either (though I admire the lovely ladies on my friends list who swear by them). I do some strength training for my knees, on which I've had surgeries, but that's it. If you really really push yourself on the elliptical and bicycle, they do great things! I don't care what anyone says! Haha :) Hugs to you too.
  • Rilke
    Options
    They NEVER are.....shame

That is the truth, Q.
  • Lee1265
    Lee1265 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's the little things sometimes that take you over the top in motivation!!!!!! Hope all turns out well, and that on the follow up visit the tall, dark- squeak your ducky guy is attending physician!!!!!
  • cookieibuck
    cookieibuck Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! A little inspiration goes a long way!!!! I am doing eliptical maybe I will add biking too!!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Nice NSV! :flowerforyou:
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Haha you go girlll :drinker:
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    sweetness!!! :drinker:
  • Rilke
    Options
    It's the little things sometimes that take you over the top in motivation!!!!!! Hope all turns out well, and that on the follow up visit the tall, dark- squeak your ducky guy is attending physician!!!!!

Now that would be splendid.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!