Self Motivation Challenege and Tips

Options
Ok, I'm no expert on fitness, but I have some great tips to keep you motivated. I know they work because they help me and motivation is my biggest problem.

Tip 1:
Go crazy
-You know when you see those movies about serial killers and they have pictures all over their walls? Do it! I'm not talking pictures of your ex, I mean fitness pictures. Find the body you want, the exercises you love and make a collage that you will see every day to remind you of why you are kicking your own butt!

Tip 2:
Use Technology!
-Make the background of your computer, your phone, your laptop, your tablet, your ipod or whatever silly device you have a motivational poster for working out (My phone says "A year from now, you will wish you started today" and every time I check a text or the time, I remember that today is my day to eat well and exercise so that I can be healthy and hot!)

Tip 3:
Compliment yourself
-Absolutely the HARDEST thing to do when you are unhappy with your weight, but it is important. Take a journal or a minute of your day and tell yourself what you are proud of (i.e. I am proud that I worked hard enough to be sore today or I ran further than I ever have and I looked awesome doing it). Each day, if you look for something to compliment, you will want to find more tomorrow, and one day you won't need to compliment yourself because others will do it for you...

Tip 4:
Make it fun!
-There is NO better motivation than fun exercise! Go for a swim at the lake with some friends, rent a kayak for the day, take a long weekend bike ride with your significant other, find a beach volleyball court with some friends or family and get dirty, make a little more love! If it's fun, you'll like working out!

Tip 5:
Set Mini Goals
-You have probably heard this one, but seriously: set a new goal each day, have a projected goal for each week, month and year!

YOU CAN DO THIS. The only thing stopping you from becoming the person you want to be or having the body you want is your attitude and commitment. If make fitness your life, then you will have a fit life.

My Challenge to you is to make one status each day a compliment to yourself for ONE MONTH!

^^^^ PS Add me so I can see how awesome you are!!! ^^^^^^^^

Happy training y'all!

Replies

• FMH82
    FMH82 Posts: 13
    Options
    Motivation is definitely huge! I agree with these tips 100%.
  • pacarolinagirl
    Options
    I totally agree. Loving number 2 because I've just never thought to do that. Going to change my compuer background right after this comment. There is an app (I believe for free) called Daily Journal...great little way to jot down notes, ideas, feelings, etc. :smile:
  • taylersmiles
    Options
    Love these tips!
    Thanks Lauren!(:
  • pzseeker
    pzseeker Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Self motivation is lacking here...... thanks for the tips, gonna apply - Thanks for the empowering advice!
  • jennbug23
    jennbug23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    wow thank you so much for the tips i am just starting this and its good to start out with some good info like this. i am going to shair this on face book if you dont mind
  • Lv3myhubby
    Options
    Love it! I am so going to use these tips! Thanks!
  • laurenbona
    laurenbona Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Share away!

HAppy training y'all
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Great tips girl!
  • BrionaLoree
    Options
    i love these!!!!!!
  • bigjpickle
    bigjpickle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!
  • tblank0126
    tblank0126 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really like these!! Thanks for sharing. So many times it is the simple things that can keep us going!! :wink:
  • Babybirdganz
    Babybirdganz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    THIS IS ALL SO TRUE!!!! Amazing post girl!! My family thought I was crazy for awhile because I did all of that!!! I even have multiple motivation/fitness/workout boards on pinterest!!! Sending you a request now :)
  • hcyndy
    hcyndy Posts: 51
    Options
    Love these tips! I won't be making a collage though... I think it might disturb my boyfriend lol :laugh:
    best wishes
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    i love tip number 4. i am going to try and get some friends to swim laps this summer. hoping to have fun!
  • motherheather
    Options
    Thanks! This is really helpful!
  • sonomawinesnob1
    Options
    Love the saying on your phone. It's true... a year from now you WILL wish you started today. That is perfect.
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks....much appreciated! I'm gonna add you too!
  • Crystald12342010
    Crystald12342010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    GREAT TIPS!
  • laurenbona
    laurenbona Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    so happy you all are finding the motivation tips helpful!
  • jenniferrebekahsands
    Options
    Thanks for the motivational words! I have just started my journey two days ago so I still have a looonngg way to go, but I am realizing that all the inspiring words from others are great but mean nothing if you don't have SELF-motivation. And this time around I feel a definite shift in my thinking and attitude. I KNOW I can do this, no matter how hard it will be! Your words are good tips to keep my spirits up and my attitude positive. Thank you!