Back again and determined! Looking for support and friends.

Options
Hi,
I have been a MFP member for a while. But would come and go and not stick with it. I am 56 years old. And cannot keep
this weight on any longer. Tired of feeling tired. I have a wonderful husband. We have been married 14 years this month. (my second marriage). I am a mother of two, my son is 25 and my daughter is 20. I also have 3 step
children and 3 grandchildren. Two boys and one grandson on the way very soon! I was recently diagnosed with diabetes.
My mother and sister passed away from complications of diabetes. And I am determined not to follow their footsteps.

So knowing that support is very important on this journey, I am looking for friends about my age. I would like to be support for
someone as well as get support.

I am a Christian and a believe in Christ and the power of prayer. God bless your journey.

Ro

Replies

• FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me! And if you stick to it you will see results!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request!
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi Ro -
    Feel free to add me! I've been on MFP since March - and have lost 20 lbs to date. Decided to try this route after my doctor told me it was time to lose some weight (February). My goal is another 45 lbs away - but more importantly I want to get off my high BP meds. Married for 25 years (just got back from our anniversary cruise, so I'm NOT looking forward to this Friday's weigh in!!), two daughters (21 and 17). Trying not to follow in my dad and brother's footsteps with heart issues down the line!

Vince
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with diabetes last July. Started watching my carb intake and portion size. Dropped 25 lbs by the end of the year. In February became a member of MFP and started exercising. I went back to the doctor in April and I had lost 40lbs and my A1C was down from 8.7 to now being 5.6. I was able to go off my medication and only have to check my sugar once in a while. I am now down 47lbs and really looking forward to hitting the "50" lb loss. My doctor was amazed at how well I had done in just 9 months. I wasn't about to let the diabetes rule my life. I am 43, but you can add me as a friend if you would like. We can all use all the support we can get. Good luck, I know you can do it. I used to really hate exercise but now find that I look forward to doing it everyday.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Keep with it! You can achieve anything with good willpower and determination!
  • evenduchess83
    evenduchess83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can add me to your group of friends. I know what you mean about Diabetes! My grandmother passed away from complications from Diabetes when I was 9 years old. My mom has diabetes and she recently went from taking a pill for it to giving herself a shot 4 times a day. That is scary. I lost 15 pounds before I got married 3 years ago but between all the delicious food he made/makes (he is a better cook than me) and a back injury I had in 2010 I gained that 15 pounds back and then some. With diabetes running in my family (both sides) I really need to be careful and lose this weight now....before I get it too!
  • ameena76
    ameena76 Posts: 18
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am new but track every day and am here ALOT! Lol! Together we can do this. I am exercising for the first time in years and it feels great..
  • mdianne58
    mdianne58 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started on this journey for basically the same reasons. I want to live to a ripe old age & be able to enjoy it. You can add me if you like.