Looking for some MFPals! 24 y/o with 35 pounds to go!

Options
kpforyou
kpforyou Posts: 56 Member
Hey there! I'm pretty new to this website but I've found it extremely helpful so far. I started going to the gym a year and a half ago with a friend, but then she moved away, and I went very inconsistently after she left. I'm trying to get back on the horse and fix what I did to myself/my body while I was in college. I lost around 18 pounds since I started, but that took me almost a year. I'd love some friends to help keep me motivated. I log in several times a day to track my progress and see how my friends are doing.

Also, my best friend is getting married in October and I'm her maid of honor... I just got the dress and I'd LOVE to have to get it taken in before the wedding! I haven't seen her in over a year, so I'd love for her to be totally stunned by how much weight I've lost and how great I look, lol. I tell her that all the time and she just says that she can't wait, too.

Anyways. Please add me! It really does appear to be true that it's easier to do this with friends! :-)

Replies

• fitnsandyfun
    fitnsandyfun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you already look great in the dress :) but yay congrats to your friend!
  • mrcheekychops81
    Options
    Im sure you will look great in your dress, you sound like you have some great motivation good luck and im sure you can smash it
  • Bding123
    Bding123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I you can add me if you like - I'm 23 with 21lbs down another 33 to go! :happy:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm 23 with 11 lbs down and about 35 to go!
  • sacorner
    sacorner Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me too! I'm 32 with about 40 pounds to go. Just got back on the band wagon as well and would love to help you (and be helped) to stay motivated.

Personally I love this site and have found it a huge help!
  • kpforyou
    Options
    yay! this is exciting! i can't wait for all the encouragement! let's do this! :-)
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Add me too!! I'm 23 with 15 lbs down (5 on MFP) and hopefully 25-30 more to go!!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I lost a total of 40lbs last summer, But I'm 20 lbs heavier now than this time last summer. I'm 24 years old, and looking to lose 20lbs to get to my goal weight.
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Add me too....I'm 27 and have 30 lbs to go.
  • rainbowbright3
    rainbowbright3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I need motivation too! I'm 22 (almost 23) with 30 pounds to go!
  • jessicaacampbell1
    jessicaacampbell1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    you can add me 24 y/o and with 28.4 left. We can do it!
  • MrsBarbone
    Options
    I'm 29 with 30 lbs to loose... HELP. I need some motavation
  • del42core
    del42core Posts: 3
    Options
    I am trying to lose approx. 25 pounds. Before I got married in 2008 I was at my current goal weight of 145. In 2009 I started gaining the weight back quickly due to stress. Then I had a baby in Feb. 2010 and then my marriage went in the toilet April 2010. And now I am at my highest weight ever in life. I hate the way I look and even uncomfortable to be around people. I want to look in the mirror and love myself and right now I can't do that.
  • kpforyou
    Options
    this is great! together, there's nothing we can't do!!! :-)

(please pardon the shameless "BRINK!" movie reference. it's amazing the things my brain remembers from when i was 14...)