How do you like to make your green tea?

Options
aubreykkkk
aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
As many of you know, green tea has extremely high health benefits! Unfortunately, I am getting tired of just diet green tea with splenda. How do you like to make your green tea?

Replies

• missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I boil the kettle and put my tea bag in a cup and steep for 3 minutes or so. If i forget it's a little longer but I dont add anything to it either way. Just straight up.
  • Sadedoes
    Sadedoes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nearly boiling water poured over loose leaf green tea. Steep a 3-4 minutes, strain, drink hot.

I also like a mix of green tea and mint leaves. No sugar. This one can be poured over ice for a nice refreshing drink.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    As many of you know, green tea has extremely high health benefits! Unfortunately, I am getting tired of just diet green tea with splenda. How do you like to make your green tea?

I add a small ginger root and a cinnamon stick.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I like to add matcha green tea (it's a powder) to smoothies. It gives it a nice flavour.

Do you eat rice? There's a kind of rice (Jade) that has been infused with green tea, making it green.

Also agree with the ice tea suggestions.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    The laziest way possible. Heat water up in a microwave and throw in a tea bag when done heating. No sugar or honey. Just straight up tea.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    maybe try strawberry green tea? or superfruit green tea? lol there are so many options at the supermarket!
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I also love it hot and plain, not sweet. It's all about loose leaf (Townshend has an amazing variety) and tasting new kinds. My favorites are Gen Mai Cha, Gunpowder, Dragonwell, Sencha and Jasmine Pearl. I have a tea ball and I will steep (about 1.5 tsp per 16 oz of water) it twice...the second cup is almost as strong as the first.
  • siriusalien
    siriusalien Posts: 207
    Options
    I get my teas from Teavana, but all purveyors are the same. I mix my pure green tea with a peach or berry tea. Nice flavor, no sugar