Some unexpected and pleasant side effects

Options
I've been on MFP for a little over a year and it's taken me a while to really figure it out ;). I am pleased that everything seems to be working for me right now and I have noticed a few things in the last month that are really great and totally unexpected.

Eating well and exercising regularly has led to:

1. WAY better sleep! I've had a FitBit for a while and when I first got it, I was pleased if I slept at 80-85% efficiency. The past few weeks I have been below 95% only a couple of nights and those nights involved drinking. I used to think I was the type of person that needed 9-10 hours of sleep but now I see it's because I had to be in bed for 10hrs to get 7hrs sleep. The last 2wks I have been getting 6-7hrs and feel great! I wake up at 530am, have a quick puppy snuggle, cup of coffee, and I'm ready to walk those dogs and get my exercise in.

2. My complection has really improved. I think this is a combination of sweating those pores clean and I have a killer tan from riding my bike as much as possible.

3. My hair sheds much less. This one is still a bit of a mystery to me. I have long, curly hair and have always shed quite a bit even though my hair remains thick and full. Recently I noticed that when I brush it, there is hardly any hair in the brush and when I run my fingers through during the day nothing comes out.

These are just some unexpected side effects. I am pleased as punch with the pounds coming off, clothes fitting better, being able to run farther and faster, longer dogs walks, and all the other great stuff that comes from being healthy. Sometimes the regular motivators just seem like blah, blah, blah so I hope someone else can be inspired by these odd pleasantries.

Replies

• do4fit
    do4fit Posts: 23
    Options
    those are AWEOMSE NVS'S!!

I've notice that my nails are stronger/don't flake so much. It is something I def wasn't expecting!

Keep up the great work.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have noticed my nails too :) but was unsure because they always row a lot this time of year.
  • Cindra3
    Cindra3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is great that you've seen such improvements. I've been on MFP for 7 weeks so far and I have noticed a few changes for the positive as well. Eating better and getting in little cardio workouts where I can has really helped me have so much more energy. I never realized how much my eating habits were contributing to my feeling run down just by the end of the work-day. It may be too soon to notice other changes, so I look forward to those!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!