Just found some before pics...-40.2lbs as of today!

Options
Hello! My name is Katie, I'm 23 (now) and 5'7" these are from July 2009. I was 220 lbs the last time I got on a scale... who knows, I may have been bigger. :huh:
220-1.jpg
I was so miserable.
220blah.jpg
October 2010 weight unknown...
okie2.jpg

Here I am, about four months into using MFP religiously... I lost 30 before I got into it here. :) I was eating to lose a pound a week... about 1450 kcals, but I upped my calories to my BMR plus eating exercise calories... BMR is 1670. I had been "plateauing" for a couple weeks, so I upped my calories and SLOWLY started losing again... took about six weeks, but I've lost 4lbs in the last two weeks, so the train is moving again.

Broke into the 170s today! I was so excited I nearly cried. My tape measure has been my best friend for the past four months, it never lies to me. :tongue:

Left is March about 186, right is this week... not comfortable in the 2 piece in public yet... but I'm hopeful. :)
AprilToJune.png

183, started using weight instead of just cardio. :)
183.jpg

This is my first ever little black dress. I think my legs look awesome (running/weights for a very short time + heels). :laugh:
lbd.jpg

Today after seeing 179.8 on the scale. :))
1798.jpg

Only 25-30lbs to go. I'm still a size 14... don't know what's going on there. I want to be a single digit size and/or a healthy BMI. lol

Replies

• AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look absolutely amazing - and so much happier! A huge "well done" on your achievements to date :-)
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Great job!
  • shabbychick81
    shabbychick81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    U look amazing! Keep it up and u will be at your goal in no time.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    inspirational
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    OMG You on that pole is inspirational! Thank you everyone. :)
  • jennnnn2u
    jennnnn2u Posts: 133
    Options
    Fabulous! Girl you have NOTHING to worry about in that 2-piece! You look awesome in it!
  • lrousseau73
    Options
    So I just started this yesterday. Are you still eating what ever you want and strictly stopping after you reached youre alotted calories? What kind of excercises are you doing? Im looking to lose about 40 pounds. Im a single mother with a 4 yr old daughter and its almost impossible to get to the gym. Any suggestions for excercise?
  • wifeygrooms
    Options
    You look great...You wear a 14 well so don't stress over that!!!!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!
  • erinschr
    erinschr Posts: 26
    Options
    Wow, you look gorgeous! I love the little black dress. My goal is to get into one too! Keep up the good work.
  • usedasbrandnew
    Options
    Thank you so so much!! I am grinning like a fool. :blushing:

For the lady who asked:
    I JUST started going to the gym a couple weeks ago, so you definitely don't need a gym to lose... I just want muscles. :)

Use a countertop or sturdy table to do pushups on an incline, they are much easier than on the floor... I still can't do more than two regular pushups. Planks are intense... I did pilates for a semester at school, but you could get some videos for home, it's so sneaky... you feel like nothing is happening, then boom the end of the class you're covered in sweat and sore the next day!

I try to eat healthy. I adjusted my MFP goals to eat at my BMR. www.fat2fitradio.com helped me figure out how many calories to eat, as well as a lot of forum perusing. (eat more to weigh less group is great). I reset my macros to 45% carbs 25% protein 30% fat and 30g of fiber. I don't always meet these, but it keeps me more in line so I don't just eat spaghetti (or other carbs - I'm a carb junkie) all the time... I try to only go over on fats if I know they are healthy... like with almonds, salmon, avocado.

I try to eat 3 smallish (<500kcal) meals a day (lean protein is your best friend!) and snacks (habanero bbq almonds/dried apricots are my favorites), I have a place in there for treats... I love dessert. If I go over, I don't feel bad, if I'm hungry and out of calories I eat something, and try to work it off... but if I don't I figure my BMR is my set point, and I don't even reach maintenance calories even when I go over by 3-400. Don't sweat the small stuff and give it time! :)) My diary is open, I keep it honest, like yesterday I was bummed out and didn't eat much, then went out and had 600 calories at a bar... lol

When I exercise, I log about 75% of what I've done because I know MFP gives me more calories burned than I actually burn, then I eat back at least 50% of those. :)

I love the couch to 5k running plan! There are apps for your phone, or you can go to the website www.coolrunnings.com. :)

ETA: TAPE MEASURE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND, scale is flaky.
    I measure my neck, chest, waist, hips, thighs and arms. Just make sure you measure in the same place each time... I find a freckle or scar for a landmark lol. I didn't lose (actually gained a pound) for an entire month... but I lost 6 inches overall... I think it was water-weight from working my long ignored muscles... Either way, its awesome to know you're making progress when the scale isn't budging. MFP has a place to enter in measurements, so you can see the charts and whatnot.
  • sunnyrunner77
    sunnyrunner77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Great job, friend!!
  • usedasbrandnew
    Options
    Thank you sunny! You are one of my best MFP friends, keeping me motivated with all your hard work. :)
  • maemcneely
    maemcneely Posts: 16
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! Congratulations!!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    way to go, doll!!! YOU ROCK :)
  • doxiegal13
    doxiegal13 Posts: 35
    Options
    Great job!
  • tsmith1201
    tsmith1201 Posts: 31
    Options
    you look absolutely awesome!!!!
  • saraelizabethhinkle
    saraelizabethhinkle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome! Congrats on the new you!!!
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Stunning! Such an inspiration.
    Don't focus too much on the double digit sizing. You look incredible.
    Enjoy the journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!