Waist Training

Options
Anyone ever try "waist training" using a corset or bodyshaping item? Any Success? Does it work?

Replies

• dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Interesting! *waits*
  • scarlet_necro
    Options
    I would if I had the money to buy a customized corset.
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    Yes, I used to waist-train. I plan to get back to it after I make my goal weight.
  • gemmaldavies
    gemmaldavies Posts: 379
    Options
    ive never heard of this b4 - explain? :o))
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I used to, I was in my 20's and I wore a corset and a number of other things for my middle and I really do think it worked. The only issue is when I did this I was actually waiting tables at a place that made us wear wrap dresses for our uniform and I would wear it while I waited tables under my uniform. My point? I think it would be hard to wear a corset and other things under your regular everyday clothes without it being somewhat noticable. The wrap dress covered it perfect and my middle was very tiny. Plus I got a kick out of the idea that I was wearing it under my clothes while I worked.

I tried it again after I had my last baby but I did not love the way it looked under clothes so I didn't bother.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I used to have a 19 inch waist, once upon a time, a long time ago....
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    ive never heard of this b4 - explain? :o))

It's where you wear a (preferably custom and made for waist-training) corset as many hours of the day as you can (ideally 23, just taking it off to bathe) to cause your body to change shape and reduce the waist size after months or years, depending on one's goal size.

For example, at my natural smallest my waist was 27". I'd like to get back in that area once I reach goal weight and then waist-train down to somewhere around 22-24 inches when I have the corset off.

Replying to others:

I'm one who hasn't had a problem with how they look under regular clothing. My best one is well hidden under any except very tight clothing.