second time around

Options
Hi i am new to this site I have had the app on my phone but today is the first time I have gotten on the actual site. I am 40 years old and just 2 years ago I lost over 50lbs with Ideal Protein (program done by my dr) but sadly I have put all that back on and more! I am back on Ideal Protein (again through my dr) But physically I am a mess... I have diabetes and that is out of control and I have 2 broken bones in my foot, so exercise is out right now! All I truly want to do is cry with the way I look. Would love to talk to women my age with similar weight goals! I need help!!!!! :(

Replies

• weepinwillow
    Options
    Well girl I am here for ya! It is hard to do it on your own sometimes ..... baby steps is what I am taking. We have to decide to change because WE want to and for us our health and no one else. You might also want to look into exercises you can do while sitting down since your foot is broken.... my mother broke her hip and it gives her lots of problems but she has found ways to firm up in her chair... just an idea. :) You can do it!!!
  • lbayly71
    lbayly71 Posts: 11
    Options
    i would love some ideas on exercises that I can still do ... I was really getting into pole dancing ... it was the hardest workout i have ever done .. felt awkward at first but after a few classes really got into ... after foot heals would love to get back into that again!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Welcome!

I would get a second opinion from a different doctor and/or a nutritionist. Sounds like the Ideal Protein didn't really work the first time (since you gained it back and then some, you didn't really change your lifestyle)....but there could be other circumstances that I'm not aware of since I know nothing about the product.

So sorry about the broken bones. Did the dr state any kind of exercise you can do?

Some people have managed to lose weight on just staying within their calorie range without exercise. What about swimming? That would be a great cardio exercise that doesn't require you to stand, jump or be on your feet.
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Could you swim? I did a lot of swimming when I was rehabbing my broken ankle.
  • lbayly71
    Options
    We are getting a pool ... and yes LOTS of things happened in the last 2 years ... ideal protein worked but you are right I didn't change i went right back to piggy out and turning to food for comfort :( This time is going to be better because i am happy with every aspect of my life but my weight. It truly is a world of difference being married to a man that is loving and supportive and wants the best for me not one that made me feel bad to make himself feel better..... but that is a long story..... anyway ... thank you for the comments ... i love this site wish i had found it sooner!! :)
  • lbayly71
    Options
    We are getting a pool .