Calorie Burn Question

Options
Does anyone know the approximate number of calories burned doing Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred? I've been using a calculator based (obviously) on weight and heighth and putting it in under "Circuit Training." But I wasn't sure how accurate that would be.

Replies

• brennamurphy42
    Options
    I do a different Jillian Michaels DVD and I looked it up online and saw somewhere that the 30 Day Shred workouts burn about 400 calories. That's probably not completely accurate, but it's at least specific to the 30 Day Shred. Hope this helps!
  • highlander_chic
    Options
    Thank you. I've done most of Jillian's dvd's at this point. I love her workouts! I have ordered and will begin next week (once I've completed the 30 day shred) doing Jillian's Body Revolution 90 day program. Can't wait! Since I only have about 10 pounds to loose I can't justify the expense of a bodybugg to track my actual burn, so I've had to do my best with estimates.
  • dandonian3
    Options
    Here is a link I found that I use for Ripped in 30. Hope it's helpful for you too! http://www.workingouteatingin.com/calories-burned/
  • highlander_chic
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    When I wear my heartrate monitor it tells me I only burn 150-180 calories. I was SO bummed!!! Hope yours is more than that!
  • highlander_chic
    Options
    I've been seeing a lot of articles lately - one was in Women's Health - that had to do with the fact that we tend to over estimate our actual calorie burn. I'm slowly losing weight but more importantly losing size and trimming down/shaping up, so I must be doing ok with my burn vs intake. I just was hoping to get it really close on the estimate.
  • highlander_chic
    Options
    Which heart rate monitor do you use/prefer?